Babies on the Brain
Options

Breastfeeding and late...

Hello, So I am nursing my 10 month old daughter and she is only nursing 3 times a day and eating A LOT of big people food. I got my first pp cycle startign Jan 7th, 2011. It is now Feb. 12, 2011 and I am now 8 days late. Before pregnancy I was extremly regular, to the day and time, never late! I have been nauseous, starving, soreness in my uterus, increased urination and had light spoting on the 1st of Feb, thought it was implantation bleeding like my first pregnancy. Have taken several hpt and all negative. Is pregnancy still something to consider or should I just attribute the symptoms to irregularity with my cycle?

Re: Breastfeeding and late...

• Options
    My periods changed dramatically after both of my kids. If you don't want to get pregnant you should chart-- that's the only way of knowing if you're "late".
    Mrs. 5/03*DD 2/07*DS1 5/09*DS2 7/12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Your cycles will likely be irregular for a while, especially after weaning from breastfeeding. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I wouldnt worry about it. If you are 60+ days late and you took a PG test (negative) talk to your OB if it is of concern to you. Is there any possibility you may be PG again?

I would guess that just like comming off BCP your cycle will go a bit wonky for a few months. 

I still havent gotten mine back, not that I'm complaining!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagesourapplemartini:
    My periods changed dramatically after both of my kids. If you don't want to get pregnant you should chart-- that's the only way of knowing if you're "late".
    If you dont want to get pregnant ypu should use birth control.
  • Options
    imagesourapplemartini:
    If you dont want to get pregnant ypu should use birth control.
  • Options
    I don't mind getting pregnant, I don't think I said anything about being worried or not wanting to be pregnant, just looking for some insight to see if there has ever been anyone in my shoes. My husband and I use condoms, but I would rather chart and get pregnant without planning rather than use a pill designed with the intention of genocide. Thank you.
  • Options

imageStephiJ5:
    I don't mind getting pregnant, I don't think I said anything about being worried or not wanting to be pregnant, just looking for some insight to see if there has ever been anyone in my shoes. My husband and I use condoms, but I would rather chart and get pregnant without planning rather than use a pill designed with the intention of genocide. Thank you.
    Hi psycho, nice to meet you
  • Options

Used BCP for a year, went off for 1.5 year, went back on for a year when I got married never had an irregular cycle in all that time, decided to stop taking BCP after research, had a perfectly normal cycle 1st month after and got pregnant 2nd month after stopping BCP. Not complaining either:-) Just trying to understand all these changes that happen after the first baby. 

• Options
    imageStephiJ5:

Used BCP for a year, went off for 1.5 year, went back on for a year when I got married never had an irregular cycle in all that time, decided to stop taking BCP after research, had a perfectly normal cycle 1st month after and got pregnant 2nd month after stopping BCP. Not complaining either:-) Just trying to understand all these changes that happen after the first baby. 

Genocide?  Really?

• Options
    So BCP was fine before and now it's genocide? Hmm
  • Options
    Holy crazy newbie, batman. To think I though you seemed normal. We are pretty good at sniffing out the crazy around here. Tricky tricky tricky!
  • Options
    once I did my own research on BCP I decided it was not for me. I'm not forcing my opinions on anyone, just looking for information. I don't need to be told what to do, if you're interested in sharing a similar experience to help me out, that would be appreciated, but if not just move on.
  • Options
    Wow, really thought I was dealing with adults that were interested in sharing and helping out fellow moms. If you have nothing that specifically helps me out I would perfer you didn't respond.
  • Options
    You were fine until you decided to talk your BCP=genocide craziness.
  • Options
    imageStephiJ5:
    Wow, really thought I was dealing with adults that were interested in sharing and helping out fellow moms. If you have nothing that specifically helps me out I would perfer you didn't respond.
                             You must be new here? :)  Eh, it's a message board you really don't have any choice about who responds or what is said.                                                          I did have similar experiences with nursing both DDs.  My cycles were very irregular until a few months after they were completely weaned.  To be sure, like another poster said, I would chart.  I used the mini pill, so I knew I wasn't pregnant, but I also in no way shape or form wanted babies very close in age.  I would have went nutty and had to attempt another type of *cide instead of genocide. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I would like a link to something that says BCP is genocide
    Aug. 15 - Jan. Siggy Challenge "Mean Girls" Mona Vanderwaal Pretty Little Liars  Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

Wow, OP.  At first you were just mildly annoying, but now you make me feel like this:

(I'm the one on the right, btw.)

• Options
    I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you haven't looked genocide up in a dictionary...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

https://www.dianedew.com/sanger.htm

Sill not my main point. Again, anyone in my boat would love to hear from you.

• Options
    if I'm annoying, then wander elsewhere.
  • Options

Genocide is a very strong word.  If you wanted that little tidbit to be ignored you should have left it out. 

Now, that is all we are going to pay attention to.  If you want to find someone else that has been in your situation, this is not the place for youl

• Options
    imageStephiJ5:

I'm sorry, I don't see any peer-reviewed articles there that lend any credibility to your statement.

And as for YOU telling ME to wander elsewhere... I can only chuckle at that. 

::pats OP on head::

• Options
    imagehippotree:
    imageStephiJ5:

I'm sorry, I don't see any peer-reviewed articles there that lend any credibility to your statement.

And as for YOU telling ME to wander elsewhere... I can only chuckle at that. 

::pats OP on head::

Is it time for noogies and swirlies yet?

• Options
    appreciate your response. Just assumed I graduated from the message boards I read in high school.
  • Options

imageStephiJ5:
    appreciate your response. Just assumed I graduated from the message boards I read in high school.

You did find a message board that is different than those high school ones where one believes and exaggerates everything they read.  Unfortunately, you appear to still fall into that category.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

PCOS and Hypothyroidism- Successful IUI's- May 2012 and October 2014.  Miscarriage @ 6w3d in December 2009.
  • Options

They are direct quotations from books and papers written by Margaret Sanger. Who was the main driving force behind the BCP.

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize I was dealing with someone who spends massive amounts of time posting. Now I'm impressed. My baby is awake now and I perfer to spend my time with her. Hope you are paying more attention to your children then the internet.

• Options
    imageStephiJ5:

Confused really? Can we say taken out of context... not to mention, she didn't invent bc. Go away.

• Options

imageStephiJ5:
    if I'm annoying, then wander elsewhere.

Says the newbie.

You are following a absolutely ridiculous theory because you read it on the Internet?  There is no credibility to that statement, yet you still believe it. There is no proof and  we  are the immature ones? Why because we think for ourselves and form opinions on a little thing called proof?

as for your last statement about spending time with our kids? CLASSIC annoying stupid naive cop out. Good job! Let me guess...you feel bad for my husband and child? Am I right?

Not that its any of your business but they are both napping and cuddling together.

You got some very good and helpful advice before you went crazy. Im kind of regreting being nice to you now.  

• Options
    imageStephiJ5:
      Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize I was dealing with someone who spends massive amounts of time posting. Now I'm impressed. My baby is awake now and I perfer to spend my time with her. Hope you are paying more attention to your children then the internet.
    I honestly wonder if this shiit is in a handbook or something somewhere.  It might be titled "How to Respond When a Post on The Bump Hurts Your Feelings" or something similar.
  • Options
    imageStephiJ5:

They are direct quotations from books and papers written by Margaret Sanger. Who was the main driving force behind the BCP.

Your next line should read as such "I feel sorry for your husbands and children"

• Options
     I would love to spend time with my children, oh wait I don't have any.  Now I guess that makes me a bitter woman. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

PCOS and Hypothyroidism- Successful IUI's- May 2012 and October 2014.  Miscarriage @ 6w3d in December 2009.
  • Options

Holyfuckinghell.  I was nice to you. 

And then you go all psychotic and claim BCP are genocide?  WTF?  Go back to the batshitcrazy hole you came from.

• Options
    imageStephiJ5:

Oh and this?  Your cycles were "regular" because they were hormonally induced and controlled by your genocidal birth control pill.

• Options

Yo dipshiit -

Genocide, as defined by Merriam-Webster:

Definition of GENOCIDE

: the deliberate and systematic destruction of a racial, political, or cultural group 

Are you opposed to BC because you're afraid you'll have a black baby, democrat, or perhaps a communist?  

If you're going to say that prevention ovulation or implantation of a zygote is "murder", at least use the correct term. 

• Options
    imageStephiJ5:
  • Options

imageStephiJ5:

You are a moron...that is all.

• Options
    My point was that my cycle was that regular for 8 years before I started BCP and the year and a half between. Nothing I posted indicated that I did not want to be pregnant. I was simply looking for advice. Wasn't interested in being told what I should do to not get pregnant. It is ridiculous to parade your posting status to prove that you are better or have any more right to be here. No Margret Sanger did not invent BCP but she was the driving force that got BCP on the market in the US. Her intention behind the BCP was to eliminate "undesireable" races. No I do not base all my beliefs on one thing I read on the internet. That was just one source. I don't care what you do, but sorry I have no interest in supporting that movement. You are all horribly ridiculous and am ashamed that I participated in your naive game.
  • Options
    Sleep
  • Options

imagehippotree:
    imageStephiJ5:
    I honestly wonder if this shiit is in a handbook or something somewhere.  It might be titled "How to Respond When a Post on The Bump Hurts Your Feelings" or something similar.

We should write this.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"