Rhode Island Babies
Options

westerly?

anyone from the westerly area-  have any feedback on westerly hospital maternity services or can recommend ob/ midwife?

Re: westerly?

• Options
    Hi there.  Not sure if you're still looking for responses to this or not, but I recently had my baby at Westerly hospital and absolutely loved it there.  In addition, I had heard great reviews of their maternity ward prior to delivering, which was another reason why I chose that hospital.  I see the drs at Women's Health of Westerly, which is located right next door to the hospital in the Morgan Medical Center.  I would highly recommend any and all of the drs at that practice.  Hope this helps!  :-)
  • Options
    This is late, but someone else may find this helpful. I also had my first child at Westerly Hospital and my husband and I both felt they were wonderful. We attended classes and I proceeded to attend the breastfeeding support group...Jackie and Jill are awesome (Sat. am 10) I see the dr's and midwives at Westerly Women's Health...again wonderful. I am pregnant with my second child and we plan to go with Westerly again (I had a C section and it was not issue at all).
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I am from Westerly and chose to have my baby at South County Hospital, and would recommend the same to anyone! I used to be a patient at Womens Health of Westerly and chose to switch to South County Ob/Gyn. Dr. Mary Christina Simpson delivered my baby and she was AMAZING! I loved every second of my birthing experience, and loved her office and staff throughout my pregnancy as well.

Westerly isn't bad, it's just...they aren't great either .Most of my family members delivered there and they seemed to enjoy it, but they don't rave about it the way I've heard other moms who went to South County do. It's worth the extra short drive for the support and experience.

• Options
    Thanks for the responses! I went to visit both hospitals but because I had not talked to anyone with any experiences at westerly ( not originally from the area) and found lots of people happy with socounty we decided to go with the south county! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"