Iowa Babies

Due Date October 8th

Hi,

I recently moved to Des Moines from Florida with my husband. We are in our middle 20?s and I just found out I am 4 weeks pregnant. I was wondering if there are any young moms on here going to maternity classes downtown?

Re: Due Date October 8th

• Congrats! And welcome. You probably posted on the DSM Nest board (guessing!) too.

I'm planning on taking a couple classes through Mercy. What OB office are you going to?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am going through Lutheran because my MIL is a labor and delivery nurse there and she rocks. LOL Welcome to Iowa!
    Wyatt 9/6/2011 
    Tessa 7/5/2013
    Baby #3- ????? (ttc soon)

• Loading the player...
  • I don't know if I am going to Mercy or Methodist yet. My OB is Dr. Turner on 330 Laurel. When is your Due Date?
  • same due date as you!!!

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• Awesome! How are you feeling and what symptoms have you gotten?
  • I'm 11 weeks...go to Methodist and LOVE my doctor.  I plan to deliver there as the hospital is directly connected to the Children's hospital (praying we won't need it, but eases my mind to know it's so close).  They also have tons of classes.   

• I feel pretty darn good so far.  My boobies are super tender though.  I also notice a little fluid retention by the end of the day, but I do drink a ton of water.  Tiredness is also present, and I have broke out a little bit.  How about you?

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• I go to OB/GYN too. Dr. Turner is awesome! I saw her on  Monday!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • welcome to des moines Big Smile so u just moved from fl cool i moved back up here from fl june 2010, i just recently had a baby in nov nd i had her at methodist medical center nd all the nurses were great espcially to my preemi daughter but there is my suggestion nd when I have another thats where I will be going again congrats nd gl. Also I am 22 so lol I thought it was weird how u moved from florida like me lol
  • Hey there! I am 25, expecting my first November 14th. I don't know many mom's my age right now so trying to connect and get some support through all these changes! I will be delivering at Methodist downtown DSM. They also have birth classes there as well. I did happen to find a place in Beaverdale that provides birth preparation classes that is more the natural route and may be going to. Do you currently live downtown? 
  • Hey, I do live downtown. I'm very active with my pregnancy and don't really work so I will have plenty of time for play dates! Facebook me at Staci Geturbanphotography.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"