St. Louis Babies
Options

Finding A Cost-Effective, GREAT Care Giver... Is it Possible?

I'm researching baby sitters in the STL (Maryland Heights) area within 5 to 7 miles of our house. Why am I stressing out? What's a normal weekly rate or daily rate that I should look for when we're wanting to drop our newborn off Monday - Friday from 7:30am until about 5:15pm? We won't need a sitter until November 2011, but I just want to get some ideas.

HELP! 

Re: Finding A Cost-Effective, GREAT Care Giver... Is it Possible?

• Options
    I remember when we first started searching for care. We use an in-home caregiver in Ballwin. We LOVE her! My DD goes 2 days/week & right now we pay $75/wk. I've asked our sitter what she would charge for 5 days/week and she said $30/day or $150/wk which I think is about standard. Wishing you GL in your journey to find the perfect sitter for your LO!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm a new stay at home mom in O'Fallon, MO. I have an early childhood education degree but I'm really enjoying being home with my firstborn son. He has 3 generous grandmas so I have more toys and gadgets than anyone could dream of. I'd be totally open to talking with you if you're interested.

valerie@itbeganwithawink.com

www.itbeganwithawink.com

Thanks

• Loading the player...
  • Options

It depends on a lot of things. I am an in home day care provider. I am licensed by the state. I charge $25 a day ( $125) for a week. I provide formula ( if you use the kind I offer), and baby food. Then when the kid is old enough table food. I also have a pack n play for every kid that is in my care.( I provide that).

The rate is pretty common for my area( I live just outside St. Louis in Alton IL) but I do offer more than most.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"