Washington Babies
Options

Clicky poll! Need opinions on kid's birthday party timing.

If you were hosting a birthday party for a 3 year old, where most of the guests are around age 2.5 - 3.5 ish, what time would you pick?  The party would be at a play place, so no meal (cake and light apps will be there).  I'm trying to fit around kids who still nap and those that don't.  This is a weird nap age.  

[Poll]

Thanks!

Side note:  I'm proud of myself for letting go of my type-A personality to actually just have M's b'day party somewhere that takes care of EVERYTHING (even the invites - which will be hard for me to give up) because I'll have a 1 month old.  We've hosted his last 2 parties at our house (we've been super lucky with weather), BBQ style which has been a ton of work.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Clicky poll! Need opinions on kid's birthday party timing.

• Options

I voted for 2:30 on Saturday, but I am not sure if that's the best time. I almost didn't vote, mainly because I'm facing the exact same dilemma and I really want to see what everyone else thinks about this, haha. :-) I'm leaning towards 2:30 or 4:30 on Saturday, but since we're in the "I don't always want to nap thing" 4:30 could be absolute hell for everyone if she doesn't nap... :-(

photo 2d6f681a-40e8-42e5-a771-5a26c7ad29fe_zpsdce5d654.jpg Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I voted for Sunday at noon. While at daycare, my 3 year old has nap/rest time from 1-3. While weekends is much later. Usually after 2. So noon would be good to tire them before nap time. Lol. (but the lack of food might be worrisome since it's lunchtime too)

10am would be good on a Sat, but hard on a Sunday for any church goers. Otherwise I think it would be a win,win! No naps, rested and no food needed!

we did A's party at 11am this year and did a brunch theme. It worked well for all!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We did M's 3rd b.day last year at Little Gym, it was so nice to have them do all the work while I was 34ish weeks pregnant.   I voted for noon on Sunday, kids will be in a good mood, and nap well for their parents!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    You could just ask your fronds what time their kids nap. I think most will have naps that start between 1 and 2.
  • Options
    Weird.. I was just coming on the board to post a very similar poll for Hudson's party .. I have no clue when to have a first birthday..his naps are so not predictable these days ..
  • Options
    We are having ours' for the same ages at 10am - Noon on a Saturday. Most still nap in the afternoon around 1/2pm so anything from 1-3 is I think is pushing it. You could safely do it though too maybe around 4:30.  If these folks have two kids and the youngest is a morning napper still like I have - you just flex that nap and those parents are used to working around it or getting a sitter. You cannot meet the needs of all - optimize for your child and their peers.
  • Options

image*Bloom2be*:
    Weird.. I was just coming on the board to post a very similar poll for Hudson's party .. I have no clue when to have a first birthday..his naps are so not predictable these days ..

We are having DDs 1st b-day party from 11-1 so between naps pretty much but we're just having immediate family so we don't have other kids to worry about.

• Options

I voted Sunday at noon just because I feel like it will be right between nap times for people.  Ray San wakes up around 10:00 on the weekends so he'll go down around 2:30 for a nap.  I have no idea what other kids do.  Also, when it comes to birthday parties, I always just make it work.  I don't really worry about naps.  I figure he'll be having fun and will be distracted at the party and will just crash after.  Have fun!!

Marcie

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"