Natural Birth
Options

Anyone Go Natural and Have Asthma?

I am just starting to research the various options in terms of delivery.  I like the idea of a non-medicated birth.  But I'm wondering how that will work with my asthma.  Since becoming pregnant, my asthma has already gotten worse.

Has anyone else attempted/completed a non-medicated birth and suffer from moderate or severe asthma?  Were you able to breathe throughout the process?  Did you have an attack during labor?  Did your asthma result in medical intervention? 

Bottom line - is this doable? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone Go Natural and Have Asthma?

• Options
    My asthma didnt bother me during my birth. I did hypno birthing which encourages long slow breaths. I would imagine lamaze type breathing would set you off. Just bring your inhaler and if all else fails, you are already in the hospital if you need a nebulizer or oxygen.
  • Options
    Thanks.  I will look into the hypno birthing.  Short quick breaths will definitely not work for me.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My mom has severe asthma and she had four med-free births with no issues.

• Options
    My asthma didn't bother me at all during L&D.  They did use oxygen on me at one point because the baby's heartrate was dropping, but that wasn't asthma related. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"