Pregnant after a Loss

Has anyone ever experienced sympathy pains for someone close while you are pregnant?

This has been the weirdest thing. Basically, my sister lives 3 1/2 hours away from me. We talk just about daily, but we see each other maybe once every 3 to 4 months. Well, we got pregnant at around the same time. When I was going through my m/c, she started to bleed a day before me. She went and got it checked out and her LO was fine. They continued to check her to make sure she wasn't m/cing. Then I started to bleed. Once I found out I was having a m/c, she stopped bleeding. So now she is 10 weeks ahead of me in her pregnancy. All throughout both of our pregnancies, she will have m/s when I do, I will cramp when she does. So on and so forth. Well, last night I started having contractions that were actually quite strong. They finally went away around 3 am. Come to find out, she went to the hospital last night and was released for contractions. Now, I'm sitting here having the same experience going on again tonight. Because of my past and because of my preemie I don't want to just chop it up as "sympathy pains" but at the same time I'm kind of wondering if it could be that which is weird to me. Has anyone ever went through this? Oh and I do plan to call my doctor if my pains get any worse just in case. TIA
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Michael, Feb 28, 2004. m/c August 2004. Christian, born at 32 wks, June 13, 2005. Benjamin, December 10, 2006. m/c June 2010. BFP July 10. EDD - 5/3/11.

Re: Has anyone ever experienced sympathy pains for someone close while you are pregnant?

• Are you twins?  I've heard of twins feeling things like this separately, though never with pregnancy. 
    BFP#1 4/17/10...EDD 1/6/11...M/C 5/28/10 BFP#2 11/19/10...EDD 8/4/11 Squeaker born 7/30.
  • No, we aren't twins which is also why I'm like "hmm". Maybe we just experienced similar things at the same time. Coincidence I guess, still weird though. I'll just keep an eye on it and hope that it'll go away. Thanks for your response!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Michael, Feb 28, 2004. m/c August 2004. Christian, born at 32 wks, June 13, 2005. Benjamin, December 10, 2006. m/c June 2010. BFP July 10. EDD - 5/3/11.
  • Loading the player...
  • If I was feeling something out of the ordinary, I would contact the doctor, rather than dismissing them as "sympathy pains".

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• imagectrickey03:
    Oh and I do plan to call my doctor if my pains get any worse just in case. TIA
  • My sister totally have that same, strange connection to each other. It's really really weird. Years ago, I had my gallbladder removed and she swore she was going through the same thing. We also tend to know if something bad/good happened before we even let each other know. For example, when I miscarried, my sister already knew something was wrong.

We aren't twins either... we live 350 miles apart!!
    So strange!

• imageEllebee85:

My sister totally have that same, strange connection to each other. It's really really weird. Years ago, I had my gallbladder removed and she swore she was going through the same thing. We also tend to know if something bad/good happened before we even let each other know. For example, when I miscarried, my sister already knew something was wrong.

We aren't twins either... we live 350 miles apart!!
    So strange!

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I'm sitting here like "what in the world is going on?" I went to the doctor and my cervix was closed and not dilated, however my sister is dilated to a 3 and 75% effaced. Just one of those weird connections I guess but it definitely threw me for a loop especially since I'm pregnant. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"