Cloth Diapering
Options

cloth diapers and homemade laundry soap

Does anyone know if homemade laundry soap is bad for c/d's? I bought the stuff the to make it but haven't yet. There is only 3 ingredients involved but I am worried about it leaving a residue.TIA

Re: cloth diapers and homemade laundry soap

• Options
    I make my own laundry detergent with fels-naptha and ivory soap, borax, and baking soda. I've been CDing since September and the only time I've ever had to strip my diapers is when I've used regular diaper rash cream. I'm not sure if it makes a difference but I use prefolds.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagesabrina69barnes:
    I make my own laundry detergent with fels-naptha and ivory soap, borax, and baking soda. I've been CDing since September and the only time I've ever had to strip my diapers is when I've used regular diaper rash cream. I'm not sure if it makes a difference but I use prefolds.

This is not CD safe. The soaps will leave a residue. Prefolds definitely can take more abuse than synthetics (AIO, pockets, etc). Borax and washing soda is just fine though.

DS 09.11.10
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

You want a detergent without the soap to use on cloth diapers.

The recipe I use calls for washing soda, borax and oxiclean.

You can add soap to this for clothes if you like (though it will clean them well without it too.) 

Check out The Eco-Friendly Family, a
    Green Living Blog
    for eco-information and fun giveaways!

• Options

I used the recipe on the eco-friendly family blog. Washing Soda, Borax, and Oxi-clean for CDs. I add fels naptha for our clothes.

I found out later this recipe does not work well in hard water, and it caused us some stinkies. I still use it for my clothes and it's just fine for that.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"