Working Moms
Options

Thinking of using a nanny...

We are thinking of using a nanny for baby #2 since DH's schedule is flexible and we need after school care for DD too.

I've always been a little uneasy about having a nanny so I'd like to use a nanny cam. Does anyone have experience with one? Did you find it helpful/hurtful? Did you tell the nanny that one was in use?

TIA

Re: Thinking of using a nanny...

• Options
    Is there any opportunity for you to hire someone you have a personal experience with?  I asked around to friends, colleagues, etc and that is how I found our nanny. She is so wonderful and I trust her.  She has been with us since my daughter was born and I have never been concerned.  I hear what your saying though.... it's hard to trust someone enough to bring them into your home!!  
  • Options
    Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";} Yes, it is best to go in for someone whom you know and trust. Instead of paying attention all the time over a nanny cam, ask for a reference and see how it goes. Go in for family members if they are around. They are the best people.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We had considered a nanny cam as well in the beginning, but after much thought and research, decided against it. If you don't trust the person you hire to watch your kids, you shouldn't hire them in the first place. It's very much an invasion of privacy. If you tell them it's there, I think that is better, but if they know, then I'm sure they would just avoid bad behavior wherever the cameras are. I would be ticked if my employer was watching my every move. While you have every right to know what is going on in your own house with your kid, I just don't think it's a good idea. If you didn't tell your nanny about it and she found out, she would likely be ticked as well.  Obviously this is just my opinion and many people do it, but I would really put some thought into it first.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"