Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Do you have cable?

DH and I got rid of cable right before we had DS. Just another way to cut our monthly expenses. We go online for any cable shows we want to see. It's been good for us. We find ourselves reading and talking to each other more.

Anyway, our families and friends look at us like we have 3 heads each when we tell them we don't have cable. Is it that weird? Anyone else?

DSC_0330editedimage
The two men in my life. Oh, and I have a husband too...
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Do you have cable?

• Options
    I don't think it's weird..I don't have cable either.
    **~Future Mama to my June "Sprout"~**
    EDD- 06/13/2017
    **Stinkerbelle-8-27-10 * Mr.P's 2nd Mama 7-27-07**
    TTGP's 2013 Sweetest Bumpie <3 

• Options
    DH travels a lot and I'm at home with 2 kids 24/7.  If I didn't have cable I think I would die.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have cable, but I went through most of college without it.  We pretty much watch local channels about 75% of the time.  The main reason we even have it is cuz we have an HDTV and DH wants to be able to watch hockey in HD (and we need it to watch the hockey stations).
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    It shocks me that anybody still has cable or even watches network TV. It's such a terrible, passive way to consume media.
  • Options
    We have Netflix on our Wii. and I usually go online to watch the more current shows. If we could afford it wee would probably have cable. I love me some BBC and Dr.Who but can't find the current stuff anywhere online.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

This April will mark 4 years since we've had cable. When we decided to buy a house it was the first expense that we decided to cut.

We get the ::sideeye:: but we just laugh. It is possible to live without cable--and you don't waste as much time watching TV.

imageimage
  • Options
    imageMrsSummitCounty:

This April will mark 4 years since we've had cable. When we decided to buy a house it was the first expense that we decided to cut.

We get the ::sideeye:: but we just laugh. It is possible to live without cable--and you don't waste as much time watching TV.

Yeah! DH and I think it actually IMPROVED our lives to cut cable. But people give us weird looks, like we are destitute. 

DSC_0330editedimage
    The two men in my life. Oh, and I have a husband too...
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I don't have cable or over the air programming.  The interwebz can occupy all my spare time.

however long the night, dawn will break.

• Options
    We don't have any TV service, nor do we plan to get it
  • Options
    I have an extra Cat5 LAN laying around somewhere.
  • Options

H and I were just talking about cutting out our premium channels. Embarrassed

This thread is making me wish we could cut our TV addiction but I'm not sure how we'd occupy the rest of the night without TV since I am not looking to have a second child. Wink

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
      Francesca Pearl is here!             Josephine Hope is almost 3!
  • Options
    We don't have cable either.  We got rid of it last summer when we kind of just quit watching it for some reason.  We watch a lot of movies and Netflix now and we have DVDs for DS of his favorite shows (plus the library for DVDs).  I grew up without cable and so did DH.  We always wanted this for our kids, but just "couldn't" get rid of it before.  THere are the odd days when I would love to sit down and watch HGTV or some TLC, but otherwise, I watch most shows online and we don't miss it!
    My Bio
    Blog
    Miles Alister. 9.17.2007. 8# 6oz 21.5inches
    Isla Penelope. 10.21.2010. 8# 3oz 21 inches
    2 Months 11# 6oz 23.5 inches
    4 Months 13# 6oz 25 inches
    6 Months 14# 15oz 27 inches
    9 Months 17# 10oz 28 inches
    12 Months 19# 10oz 28.75 inches
  • Options
    We don't have cable either. If we want to watch stuff we go on Netflix.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"