Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Beta and Progesterone question

Hi Ladies.  I just got my first beta back from Saturday (about 5 weeks) and it was 9000.  Yay!!  I'm so happy with that but wondering what I should expect from the second.  I wasn't thinking when I talked to the nurse and didn't ask if once they are that high, if they still double every 48.  

Also, my progesterone is 15.  I'm cautiously excited as this is the highest it has ever been.  (11, 4, 14, and now 15).  I'm really torn on progesterone supplements at this point.  Even the doctors in my office are divided on whether or not they think they help unless you have taken them right from post ovulation.  Does this number seem low to you guys?  Anyone with a similar number get any advice?  I'm feeling pretty good about this pregnancy but still really nervous! 

Re: Beta and Progesterone question

• Options

At that level your betas will probably not double in the 48-72 hour timeframe, I would think - but I don't know the exact numbers when they don't.

As far as progesterone, I was on it from O on - but my initial draw it was 12.5 and they were happy I was on the supplements.  I think that it can't hurt, and if anything will ease your mind a bit and could possibly help. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimageimage
  • Options
    Bw seems good.  Supplements can't hurt.  I'd take them if I were in your position.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Every night I prayed for you. Then when you were in my belly, I prayed harder. Now that you're in my arms, I pray even harder.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

different drs have different ideas about P4.

My RE was fine with anything 15.0+.

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• Options
    My doctor was happy with my prog level 20+. I started prometrium orally at ovulation though. GL to you!
    BFP 7/31/10 m/c 8/16/10
    BFP 10/25/10 Brynn Helen born 7/7/11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Betas are supposed to double every 48-72 hours & your progesterone is supposed to be over 10.

TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • Options

My doctor is happy with anything over 10.  But if your doctor is willing to Rx it, it wouldn't hurt.

Great beta! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"