Breastfeeding
Options

Pumping while away and a storage question

Hey ladies.

I'm a SAHM/grad student. I currently only pump twice a day, once in the morning and once at night, for my freezer stash, and we rarely give a bottle-- pretty much from the tap, always, unless I need to be away from LO.

Thursday I'm headed to a big conference, and will be away from LO from approximately 8 am until probably 9 pm that night. I am planning to pump while I'm there, but would it hurt supply to pump just a couple of times, when I am feeling uncomfortably full, rather than pumping every time LO would normally be eating?

Along those lines, I'll have a cooler with a freezer pack, but nowhere to refrigerate. Will the milk still be okay to use?

Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Pumping while away and a storage question

• Options
    You'll be fine--it's just one day. A cooler would work fine too, just so long as it's not warm by the end of the day.  You could even keep it out in your car to help keep the freezer pack cool (if that's possible) since it should be cold out.
     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    NSLNSL member
    Freshly expressed breastmilk can be kept at room temperature for up to 12 hours, so unless you plan to pump the second you get to the conference I probably wouldn't bother with a cooler or freezer pack.  An insulated lunchbag should work just fine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"