Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

my d&c cost how much!?

HOLY COW!!!!!

You know how insurance company's love to send statements for everything showing that you had done to you. Well crap Thanks alot! they just us like 4 statements as a reminder to me that i didnt get to keep my babies. But wow the d&c cost 10,000 are you kidding me! Atleast we didnt have to pay anything. Geez

BFP#1 11.19.10 Missed MC 01.10.11 Sam & Alex
BFP#2 05.08.11 Birthday 1.11.12 Peyton
BFP#3 06.10.12 Birthday 2.14.13-Cooper Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Congrats to my buddy Ambs21! Welcome to the world Audrey!
Congrats to my buddy Mork! Welcome sweet E!

Re: my d&c cost how much!?

• Options

well mine wasnt covered by insurance bc the "high risk doctor was out of network" so we just got our first bill for 11K in the mail. sucks. i am sure there are more bills to follow. we are gonna have to charge it....and then suck up the interest bc there is no way we can pay that outright.

it blows

DC:#1 10/2006 born at 40 weeks (33 weeks PTL)
    DC#2 born silent at 22 weeks 1.11.11
    Dc#3 born vbac 1/2012 <bra DC#4 born VBAC 3/2014
  • Options

Your lucky you don't have to pay anything for it.  Mine will cost between $1200-1500 out of pocket.   All the bills (shown on the insurance EOB) from the hospital were over $15,000.  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagetaurus424:

well mine wasnt covered by insurance bc the "high risk doctor was out of network" so we just got our first bill for 11K in the mail. sucks. i am sure there are more bills to follow. we are gonna have to charge it....and then suck up the interest bc there is no way we can pay that outright.

it blows

Before you pay that bill, call the office and see if they have a "Cash price" for someone that isn't covered by insurance.  A lot of doctors/hospitals will offer you a steep discount.   If they do offer this, then you would probably have to pay it all up front.   If you can't get a discount, DON'T charge it!   Work out a payment plan with the provider(s).   You will cost yourself way too much in interest by charging it when you can work out a no-interest plan with the provider.  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image image image
  • Options
    imageBritanyV:
    imagetaurus424:

it blows

Before you pay that bill, call the office and see if they have a "Cash price" for someone that isn't covered by insurance.  A lot of doctors/hospitals will offer you a steep discount.   If they do offer this, then you would probably have to pay it all up front.   If you can't get a discount, DON'T charge it!   Work out a payment plan with the provider(s).   You will cost yourself way too much in interest by charging it when you can work out a no-interest plan with the provider.  

This and it will show that you have medical debt on your credit report but in good standing if you are making the payments

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

HOLY COW is right. How can anyone justify charging that much for such a medically simple procedure? I am so glad your insurance covered everything, but just knowing how much you could have paid is ridiculous.

To those of you whose insurance wouldn't cover: mine wouldn't either, so I begged and pleaded the doctor and they gave me their 'cash price', which was actually doable (although did have to pay within 2 weeks.) I knew I wasn't covered before having the surgery though, so I chose to have local (vs general) anesthesia to keep the cost down. (Was it worth it? Um, not sure. Super painful, but so is a 12k bill, so I don't know...)  

What I *am* dreading is my ER bill, where they did the u/s that showed no heartbeat. My DH was recently in the ER with pneumonia and he was charged 6k for an IV and an x-ray, so I can only imagine what my bill will be. Hospitals suck.

BFP #1: EDD 8/29/11, MMC 1/14/11. BFP #2: Damien Isaac born 12/16/11. BFP #3: Rowen Cole born 7/28/14. BFP #4: EDD 9/16/16.

Anniversary

baby blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"