Babies on the Brain
Options

My friend's sister is in Cairo

She's been studying since August there. She had a ticket to leave to London yesterday but the flight was full despite her booking and she got left behind. She might be able to leave tomorrow, but there's no internet or phone in the city and she's not able to call her sister or parents.

Scary :(

Re: My friend's sister is in Cairo

• Options
    I was listening to NPR yesterday and they said the American embassy was going to start charter flights out today. Diplomats and families get first seats, then subsequent flights would be open to any us citizen. Not that you can get that information to her, but hopefully she's gone to the embassy and maybe found this out. Although I'm sure the embassy is a mad house right now. I'll be thinking of her!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

What university is she at?

American University Cairo (where one of my former students and the parents of a college classmate are) is organizing the evac of all their faculty and staff who want to leave.

Per CNN:  Americans seeking flights out of the country should make their way to Cairo International Airport's HAJ Terminal 4, where U.S. government officials will arrange charter travel out of the country. 

Hugs and T&Ps for everyone. I know that this is an historic event not really rivaled by any other time in ME history, but it's still farking scary.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageMrs_Liberto:

What university is she at?

American University Cairo (where one of my former students and the parents of a college classmate are) is organizing the evac of all their faculty and staff who want to leave.

Per CNN:  Americans seeking flights out of the country should make their way to Cairo International Airport's HAJ Terminal 4, where U.S. government officials will arrange charter travel out of the country. 

Hugs and T&Ps for everyone. I know that this is an historic event not really rivaled by any other time in ME history, but it's still farking scary.

She's at AUC actually. That's really good to know.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"