Natural Birth
Options

I don't have to decide now!!

I've done alot of research and decided that if I don't NEED the epi, I don't want to get it. DH & I have talked about it, weighed the pros/cons and he's totally supportive of whatever I choose.

I don't understand the need for everyone to keep asking me if I plan to get it, but this is what I've been telling them. I will decide when the time comes. Ok, I'll admit, I have a very low pain tolerance but most people aren't' aware of that so WTH?. Seriously, I am so sick of people telling me "Oh, you'll want it, trust me" or "You'll get it" or my personal favorite "why wouldn't you get it?! you're nuts." This is my first LO so who know how long it will take or how well I will handle it so I'm reserving the right to not decide until I'm there.  Then the inevitable follows "you know there's only a certain window that they can give it you, right?" :sigh:

Re: I don't have to decide now!!

• Options

I love that too! lol. my mom volunteered herself to be my birthing coach since DH cant be there. and ive been thinking this whole time, this isnt going to be a great idea because she keeps telling me 'oh you know me, give me the epidural and make me happy!' and she thinks im nuts. everyone in my family thinks im nuts. 

this is my second baby and the first time i had the epi, but i had a bad experience and it wore off before i had him anyway. i feel like i have to explain myself everytime i tell someone because they give me this look or they say, umm ok? i think your nuts but ok?.... 

here is the only place i dont feel i have to explain myself. 

• Options

Everybody loves to spew opinions to pregnant women.  I don't get it.  Whether they think you should have a c-section or meds or go completely natural.  Everybody thinks it is their job to inform the pregnant woman because surely she has no idea what she wants or why she wants it and she absolutely MUST be educated by complete strangers lol.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Pregnancy makes people feel they have a right to be stupid, toward the pregnant woman.

Octgirl: next time someone asks you about the epi, try something like, "I won't be answering detailed personal questions about birth or any other medical procedure, thanks for your concern."

Mom to a beautiful boy and girl!
  • Options
    I've been hearing that too, I personally love how when I say I plan to go natural how they will look at each other and smirk like 'just you wait'.  For me the idea of a needle going into my spine and not being able to move my legs freaks me out waaaay more than having a baby naturally.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageCocoBrynne:
    I've been hearing that too, I personally love how when I say I plan to go natural how they will look at each other and smirk like 'just you wait'.  For me the idea of a needle going into my spine and not being able to move my legs freaks me out waaaay more than having a baby naturally.

This!  Two of my husband's coworkers (both with opposing viewpoints) actually asked me about this last week, then before even waiting on my answer, got into a little catfight about epidurals!  Two concave-bellied women, obviously too old to give birth, arguing while the enormous preggo stood by trying not to laugh.

It was the first time I'd met either.  Hilarious! :)

Mom to a beautiful boy and girl!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"