Stay at Home Moms
Options

How much to pay (for childcare) ?

Posted on working moms, but given the situation, what do you ladies think?  Anyone here provide childcare while caring for their own lo's?

I'm thinking ahead a bit, but I posted today on fb about needing childcare and a friend and a cousin (both SAHM's) chimed in that they wouldn't mind to help a few days a week, maybe more.  I am hoping that going this route would cost less $$ then daycare, but how much per day do you pay someone to watch your child out of their home?  Days would be 8-10 hours.

Thoughts?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How much to pay (for childcare) ?

• Options

It all depends on what you both can afford and how much they want. I watch a friends baby for $30-40 a day if it is random days. Some people charge alot more than that but that is something that we agreed on due to both of our circumstances.

• Options
    It really depends on your area. For example, here the going rate seems to be 30-40 a day. Since it's family, maybe 30 a day?

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I charge $30 per day for the 2 year olds that I watch.  So, between the two of them I make $60 per day.
    Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

Like the PP said, it depends on the area that you live in and what they are willing to pay. 

When I was still working, we paid $65/day for someone to come and watch Ben in our home.  That was for 8.5 hours per day, 4 days per week.  We live outside of Philly, which is a relatively high cost of living area.

• Options
    I was thinking $30, glad it sounds fairly reasonable :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"