Georgia Babies
Options

BRU trade-in event

Has anyone done the BRU trade-in event before?  We're thinking of doing this with our old infant seat and getting a new one, just curious if anyone did it before and if there is anything we should know beforehand?

Re: BRU trade-in event

• Options
    I haven't done it yet, but was also thinking about if there's anything in the basement I'd like to upgrade.  Already sold our Chicco travel system to upgrade to a new higher-weight limit Chicco 30, and sold my blue P&T stroller for a Baby Jogger City Mini...so far haven't spent any money!   I think the only thing I might could trade in would be an old highchair, but it's probably not necessary. 
    Jack 3.5.07 / Ethan 9.17.08 / Lauren 4.3.11 image
  • Options
    The only thing I've heard is that you can't use any coupons on top of the sale.  And some people have said that often times you can search online and find better deals than the ones at the BRU trade in.  However, if you find something that's already on sale and then get the 25% off on top of that, I think it's a steal!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I kind of got screwed last time.  Traded in a stroller intending to get a second base for our Chicco carseat.  Only to find out that they wouldn't let me use the discount on a carseat base- it had to be the whole carseat/base combo.  So I got a PNP instead.  Got home and looked online and realized that BRU had actually RAISED their price on that PNP just for this event.  So I was really only getting about 10% off!  Amazon actually had it for less than what I paid with the coupon.  Total scam.  I returned the PNP when I realized this, but of course, I gave up that stroller for nothing!  So my biggest advice is just to check the price before you go and be sure you're really getting a deal b/c they do some shady pricing during this event.

• Options

imagesusangilchrist:
    The only thing I've heard is that you can't use any coupons on top of the sale.  And some people have said that often times you can search online and find better deals than the ones at the BRU trade in. 

this is what i figured. it is a nice way to get rid of stuff though. i wonder what they do with it? hopefully donate the items that can be donated.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"