image Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    HORRIBLE!! WTF is going on with the world 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

OMG. I need to get out of this country. 

• Options

This makes me sad. What kind of parent would leave a gun where their five year old would get it?

photo 2d6f681a-40e8-42e5-a771-5a26c7ad29fe_zpsdce5d654.jpg Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageIkesHawaiian06:

This makes me sad. What kind of parent would leave a gun where their five year old would get it?

THat's what's so scary.   I know we've talked about this before, but as my kids get older and start having play dates at houses where I don't know the families, I really want to figure out how to ask if they have guns and how they are secured without being a crazy mom or somehow offending them.  But kids are curious and guns are scary. 

• Options
    imageJRS72206:

Ditto

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options
    imageJRS72206:

For Realz

• Options
    imageSeattle_JiLLn:
    imageIkesHawaiian06:

THat's what's so scary.   I know we've talked about this before, but as my kids get older and start having play dates at houses where I don't know the families, I really want to figure out how to ask if they have guns and how they are secured without being a crazy mom or somehow offending them.  But kids are curious and guns are scary. 

If they are responsible gun owners, they shouldn't be offended by this question.  I would go out of my way to make sure another parent felt safe having their child in my house and to prove that my home is safe.  Honestly, as an owner of firearms, I'd be happy to show that my guns are secured and not accessible to anyone but my husband or I.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageAlli923:
    imageSeattle_JiLLn:
    imageIkesHawaiian06:

Yes!  If they're offended by the question, maybe they shouldn't have guns in their home. 

If they are responsible gun owners, they shouldn't be offended by this question.  I would go out of my way to make sure another parent felt safe having their child in my house and to prove that my home is safe.  Honestly, as an owner of firearms, I'd be happy to show that my guns are secured and not accessible to anyone but my husband or I.  

J + J = K image Photo by J. Shelton Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"