Illinois Babies

Would anybody be intrested in a GTG?

Now that this board is a bit more active (yippie!!), and I know a few moms have been looking for baby groups would anybody be intrested in a GTG? We could do it as a variety, expecting and with lo's already.

Thoughts? Suggestions on where?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Would anybody be intrested in a GTG?

• I have a 3mo daughter in the city.  We're interested.  Not sure of a good place, but I'll let you know if I think of something.  Erika
  • Me!!!  I'm in the burbs so that would be best for me.  There is a place I just heard about in Schaumburg.  here is the website  www.goplayajugar.com
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I would be interested for sure. I live in Evanston but I'm ok with the city or the suburbs. Most of my friends are still single and childless and it's hard for us to relate now that my life revolves around tending to a baby and my soon-to-be husband. So, I'm more than game to meet some other moms!
  • I'm up for it! We live in the city so that would be my preference. I have a 4 year old girl and I'm due in August.
    BabyFruit TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm definitley interested! I live in the suburbs so that would work best for me!
    After many years and tears our baby boy is finally here
    Born 11-6-10

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Maybe we could do one the city and one in the burbs (since we seem to have a lot of ladies from out there)?

As for a city GTG, since we have kids of all different ages (from still gestating to toddlers), perhaps we do a brunch or something at a kid-friendly place? John's? Yolk? I'm still learning what's kid friendly, so I'm open to suggestions.

• I might be interested as well. I am in the South Loop, my DD is 3 months old!
  • Oh, I'm glad there are a few people that are intrested. I know another mom on here is, but hasn't responded yet.

I'm up for one in the burbs, I'm near Schaumburg but will travel a little. I'm not a big city person and especially in the winter. 

I have heard of that Go Play - A Jugar place, and know right where its at but haven't heard any reviews on it yet. 

Is there a day of the week that works well for everybody? I'm a sahm mom so week days are clear for us.  Weekends are do-able, but the next few are hectic and busy.

• I'm all for it.  Suburbs would be better for me.  If it's during the week a late morning or early afternoon would be good.   Weekends are doable but I work saturday nights.  Does anyone know anything about the Go Play place?  This is the first time I've heard of it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'd be interested in the suburban GTG.   I'm about an hour from the city and not up for the ride in the winter.   Schaumburg would work for me, I'm about 30 min. away. My preference would be a weekday.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker VOTE on my Name List
  • I'm in the south loop too, DD is 6mo. Yolk is kid friendly, just not on weekends. :)
  • I'd be interested in a city GTG.  I have a 7 mo old daughter.  Wishbone on Lincoln is very kid friendly. 
  • If I remember tomorrow morning, I'll drive by the Go Play place. I'm headed out for dentist appointment, so its really not out of my way to go by, its just a matter of remembering to go that way.

I'll report back with my findings. 

Week day late morning is good here. DD usually has lunch around 12 or 1230 and naps around 1. 

• I believe the Go Play-A Jugar just recently opened so I dont know much about it. If we do during the week a Friday would work best for me as I'm off that day. 

• I would be interested! The city GTG would be better for me. I agree with PP about Wishbone. Although, I have been meaning to try Yolk for the longest time.
  • I'd love to do a gtg!  We just moved to Chicago from the east coast, so I'm looking to meet other moms in the city.  About me:  I have a toddler (almost 2), and we're currently ttc #2.  I live in Roscoe Village, so something in the city would be better for me, but I'd also travel to the suburbs if necessary.  I've actually been checking out all the malls in the suburbs, because we're getting a little stir-crazy in these winter months :)
  • There's a moderately active meetup group for Downers Grove Area moms: https://www.meetup.com/moms-1142.  I'm one of the organizers, and we try to have a variety of events throughout the day and week.  The meetups include library storytimes, playdates at people's houses, stroller walks and moms nights.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Alright, I drove by 'Go Play' and it seems decent, but it wasn't open yet so it was dark inside.

I saw on their website that they have a group discount for mom groups.  How many would be willing to make the journey to Schaumburg (rough estimate about 15 minutes on local roads from Woodfield) for a gtg? Once we get an idea on here of how many moms would be intrested we can call and see what the discount is for a 'moms group'

• I would love to do a GTG in the city.  I am not on the local board too often, but just joined the bump chicago club too.  I am just barely pregnant, but since I moved in September I havent had a chance to meet many people....
  • I host brunches for Chicago Nesties.  I also belong to the book club for Chicago Nesties.   My advice:  1 group in the burbs and 1 group in the city.  Or switch every other month to a city event and a burb event.  Also, not sure if you want separate events for pregnant women and moms.
  • I would drive to Schaumburg without question as long as the weather is decent on the given day. I live on the north side but I don't mind the 30 minute drive.
  • Count me in especially if there are kids around my babies ages.  18 months and 3 years old.  I live next door to Schaumburg.
  • i'd love to do a GTG in the city.

if anyone's heard of John's Place in Roscoe Village and would be willing to go there (doesn't really matter when (i'm a SAHM) as long as it doesn't coincide with a Bears Game :)) i would love to meet up!

• I would be up for it. We live in Logan Square near Bucktown.

We could also look into Family Grounds Cafe. 

https://www.familygroundscafe.com/

• imagenatalie.no:

i'd love to do a GTG in the city.

if anyone's heard of John's Place in Roscoe Village and would be willing to go there (doesn't really matter when (i'm a SAHM) as long as it doesn't coincide with a Bears Game :)) i would love to meet up!

This is a good location for me I think - just give me clear directions for the GPS.  lol.  Did we decide on a date yet?  And yes -- we are booked for the super bowl - well dh is, I think I'm on snacks duty.

Saturday 2/12 I'm volunteering for Swap-o-rama all day - but any other weekend day is good.

• We've created a seperate "city GTG" thread. Check that one for details! Hope to see you soon!
    BabyFruit TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"