D.C. Area Babies
Options

New SAHM seeks New Friends, Smaller Butt

Hi everyone!  I'm a new poster, but longtime lurker, and I need some help.  I have just signed up for a "Step & Stroll" exercise class - my first attempt to venture out of the house since my twin boys were born 6 months ago (well, other than for doctor appts and grocery trips).  I feel like I've finally gotten the boys' routine and needs sort of figured out, at least enough to get out of the house and meet other moms and make some new friends.  Unfortunately, I got an email from the class organizer saying there aren't enough people signed up to participate, and she may need to cancel the class.  Booo. 

And so I'm begging for some help - my butt is out of shape, I have no mommy friends, and I'm going a little stir-crazy.  (Eek, not painting the best portrait of myself, am I?)  If anyone is interested in participating in a stroller-friendly exercise class, please consider signing up.  The class meets on either Thursdays or Saturdays at the Fair Oaks Mall, starting this week, and will meet from 8:45-9:45am.  The class is being offered by INOVA, and here is the link, for more info:  https://www.inova.org/health-info-and-classes/classes/fitness-classes.jsp   The class is listed under "Prenatal/New Moms' Classes."  If you're interested, please consider signing up.  I'd hate to have it cancelled as I was really hoping to meet some other new moms and my boys were looking forward to making a few new friends. 

Sidenote:  I am not employed or attached to INOVA in any way, but my butt really is out of shape. 

Thanks everyone!  Hope to meet/see you soon!

Re: New SAHM seeks New Friends, Smaller Butt

• Options

Hi there! Kudos to you for getting yourself organized enough to sign up for an exercise class when your twins are only 6 months old!! I'm impressed :-)

I don't know where you're located, but you should look to see if a Stroller Strides class meets in a convenient location for you. I joined Stroller Strides when my son was about 3 months old and I loved it. There are lots of other moms and there a mom's group called Luna Moms that often meets after SS classes to do fun stuff with the kids/babies. The first class is free so you could go check it out to see if you like it before committing to paying for classes. Good luck!

• Options

My oldest DD takes dance classes on Thurs mornings so I couldn't go then and I'm taking prenatal yoga on Sat mornings. If this one doesn't work out for you, also check out Mommy Boot Camp. They do it every day (Mon-Sat) in the mornings at various locations - I know Dulles Towncenter. I think the other main location is in Centreville maybe? I've only been to the Dulles one. You can bring the kids and they either sit in strollers and watch or, as they get bigger, can get out and play with other kids or exercise alongside you. I didn't stick with it, but it seemed like a bunch of the moms started to get together outside of exercise time too for moms nights out and such.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I definitely recommend Mommy Bootcamp.  It's a nice way to get in shape and meet people.  They offer 4 different classes at different times and places, so it's nice to fit in when you can.  You just buy a certain number of passes (but the first 3 are free!)  I liked this better because if something comes up (fussy baby or doctor's appointment) you don't lose out on one of your classes.  You go as you can.  They also have Mom's Night Our for the different locations as well.  You can check them out on Facebook.
    A Tale of Infant Cataracts eyelovejack.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Ruth - I sent you a private message.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Another reco for Mommy Bootcamp (www.mommybootcamp.org). Awesome workouts! I LOVED it when I was on maternity leave and I still go on Saturdays and when I have off work. They meet in Chantilly (just off Rt 50), Dulles Town Center mall and another location at the Dulles Sportsplex
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"