Potty Training
Options

Making progress--Not 3 days, but I'm still pleased.

We tried the 3-day with DD awhile back, and it freaked her out.  We did some other things, and then took a complete break and went back to diapers.  We started the 3-day in a modified fashion, and we're on day 4 and seeing signs of progress!! 

Day One:  8 accidents, no potty

Day Two:  6 accidents, 1 potty

Day Three:  4 accidents, 4 potty

Day Four:  4 accidents, 5 potty

So for those of you who struggle w/ the 3 day, try to take what you can from it and modify it as necessary.  DD really freaked about the accidents--rushing her to the potty really made her feel like she did something wrong, even though I told her otherwise.  She needs a little more relaxed approach--when she has an accident, it's no big deal, she needs to be reminded to go, we occasionally read a book if she struggles to relax and get it out, etc.  And today she finally told me she had to go.  I'm really pleased with how much better she's doing this time, but I think w/ these slight changes she feels a little less pressure.  I think we're going to take more like 7-10 days, but that's okay!

Also, she LOVES this book:  https://www.amazon.com/Princess-Potty-Samantha-Berger/dp/0545172969/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1295649924&sr=8-2

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Making progress--Not 3 days, but I'm still pleased.

• Options

congratulations- that sounds pretty good. 

we are three weeks in.  ds was doing awesome- we even had days with no accidents, and he was starting to be able to tell me when he needed to go almost every time.  however, the past few days he is suddenly just refusing to want to go to the potty and i have no idea why.  he always tells me he doesn't have to go and that he is still dry.  today he only peed 4 times.  which seems crazy.  i guess tomorrow i will start upping his beverage intake and see if that helps him go more often.  i still feel good that we haven't really used any diapers (except at night) for three weeks.  that's something, right?

bound to cover just a little more ground Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageamahrey:

congratulations- that sounds pretty good. 

we are three weeks in.  ds was doing awesome- we even had days with no accidents, and he was starting to be able to tell me when he needed to go almost every time.  however, the past few days he is suddenly just refusing to want to go to the potty and i have no idea why.  he always tells me he doesn't have to go and that he is still dry.  today he only peed 4 times.  which seems crazy.  i guess tomorrow i will start upping his beverage intake and see if that helps him go more often.  i still feel good that we haven't really used any diapers (except at night) for three weeks.  that's something, right?

I think I'm missing something - if he is dry, why would you up his liquid intake to make him go more?  Some people seriously only go pee a few times a day (lucky people) and some go 10 times a day.  As long as he is going and staying dry, why up his intake of fluids?

Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    i wondered if maybe being dehydrated (his pee was really yellow- not light) was making it harder for him to poo.  he hadn't gone in two days.  i figured that maybe he was just starting to hold out on everything potty related.  i didn't realize that i didn't include the part about the poo until i just read your response.  i did also talk to a friend of mine though with a 4 year old daughter- who goes only 4 times a day, so that made me feel a little better.  i also think that being pregnant and needing to pee a million times an hour makes it seem like he really never goes lol. 
    bound to cover just a little more ground Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"