Virginia Babies

Maternity photography recommendations? NoVa

Hello VA mommies!

I am looking into getting some maternity pictures taken and am looking for some recommendations on photographers in the Northern Virginia area along with any other advice when it comes to pictures.

Which shots did you end up purchasing? What can I do without? How much can I expect to pay for a session/package (on average)?

Any help is appreciated!

Re: Maternity photography recommendations? NoVa

• I haven't used her, but the pictures she's taken of a family friend and her kids are amazing!

https://www.martalocklear.com

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • I'm not from this area and have had a hard time finding a good photographer that doesn't charge an arm and a leg. The first photographer I called, I saw her website and thought "oh she takes nice pictures" so I called. The lady wanted to charge $500 an hour. WHAT?!!?

I found out that Babies-r-us does free maternity photos if you register there. That is where I'm going.

I figured I need to save money where I can before my little girl comes along. :)

• Loading the player...
  • I have used Georgia Nelson for my son's pictures, but she specializes in maternity and newborn photography.

her website is:  www.georgianelsonphotography.com

She really is amazing and reasonable.

Me - 34
    Him - 35
    DS #1 (after IUI, IVFs/FET and miscarriages) Alexander, IVF# 4 w/PGD, b. 10.22.08
    DS #2 (natural pregnancy) Andrew, b. 9.15.11
    Currently Expecting #3 - lightening strikes twice - another Natural Pregnancy EDD 5.11.15
  • My hubby and I used LH Lindberg Photography for our wedding and absolutely loved them.  Their pictures are wonderful and they are the nicest couple.  I'm not sure what their prices are for a shoot, but they are worth checking out.  They are located in the Leesburg/Landsdowne area.

www.lhlindbergphotography.com

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • One of my girlfriends just got some maternity pictures done a couple of weeks ago. I saw some of them on facebook. They looked really nice.I asked her if she paid alot and she said no, it was very afforable

The photographer was Bonnie Velazco. Her site is www.bonnievelazco.com

• We Love Sarah Downey sarahdowneyphotos.com She is out of Richmond but came to nova for us and often does. She is a little pricey but reasonable. For photos and a disk with all the images touched up it will probably be around 1250. My friend also doe spics for pretty cheap. I think $150 for the session but unsure of the cost for images. maybe included. https://anh-photography.com/index.html
    Married my best friend on 5/14/05
    Three Girls: Bits 2/08  Biscuit 10/09 & Sweet Chuck 2/12
    One Favorite son: Suishy Smalls 6/14
    And another Princess coming 7/16
  • I highly recommend Lauren Modny.  She's in Herndon and will travel wherever.  Here's her website:  https://www.laurenmodny.com/  Her prices are very reasonable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"