Pregnant after IF
Options

You know your dehydrated when...

You go for b/w and after multiple sticks, none of which bleed, and three phlebotomists they end up having to take your blood with a syringe.  I hope I am not bruised tomorrow.  I was sweating like crazy while they were poking and digging for a vein, they all thought I was going to pass out.  The poor phelobotomists kept apologizing like crazy and I felt so bad for them.  I sure hope they ended up with enough blood to do my quad screen.
TTC since 8/2004
Me - DX Hashimoto's Disease, Hypothyroid, Rheumatoid Arthritis
DH - DX Azoospermia - Sertoli Cell Syndrome
DS-IUI #1-4 BFN IVF #1 - BFP! It's a boy!!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: You know your dehydrated when...

• Options
    That was me last Thursday.  I will not  make that mistake again...  It took three phlebotomists for me, too...and finally, two working in tandem - one holding the needle in my arm while the other worked the syringe.  Boo.
  • Options

imageNewMrsW:
    That was me last Thursday.  I will not  make that mistake again...  It took three phlebotomists for me, too...and finally, two working in tandem - one holding the needle in my arm while the other worked the syringe.  Boo.

Normally I am really good about drinking tons of water, especially before b/w, because I have terrible veins.   I have had a stomach virus for 3 days and I guess I didn't realize how dehydrated I was.  My wonderful DH has gone and stocked me up with gatorade to see if I can get more hydrated.

TTC since 8/2004
    Me - DX Hashimoto's Disease, Hypothyroid, Rheumatoid Arthritis
    DH - DX Azoospermia - Sertoli Cell Syndrome
    DS-IUI #1-4 BFN IVF #1 - BFP! It's a boy!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I hate when that happens!  It always makes me pass out if they try more then three times to get the needle in!  Drink that Gatorade...it does wonders!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ouch!  I have terrible deep veins too if I don't drink a ton I know I am in for multiple sticks :(
    IUI #s 1-3 = BFN; IVF#1 = BFP & Twins!! Molly & Max born 8/15/11 Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker www.thegarans.blogspot.com
  • Options

Yeah - I was dehydrated when I went into labor.  I would NOT recommend that.  The doctors and nurses all confirmed that's what was most likely making my contractions SOOO intense right off the bat.  They literally thought I was in transition when they saw how they were and how my body was reacting - only to find out I was only at 1 cm.  Not fun.  At all.  :-(

So yeah - definitely drink a ton of water - even if it only helps a bit - those things are painful enough on their own!  lol

My first haircut!

Severe MFI - on to IVF w/ ICSI

IVF#1-2: BFN
    IVF#3: BFP! - 1/24: ET - 5d - 2 blasts - 2/02: Beta #1: 16.2 ...... 2/04: Beta #2: 35 ...... 2/09: Beta #3: 401.5 - I'm pregnant! - 2/13: u/s #1 - baby boy, due 10/12, born 10/16! ...... 8 lbs 0 oz, 22 inches! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Ouch!  Sorry you had to go through that!! Its never fun when they cant find the vein and have to dig around. I have b/w and u/s today, so thanks for motivating me to start drinking some liquids now!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"