Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

**Newbie Playdate** Flamefree Answers to your ?s

Let's hear it ladies!  Questions, comments, concerns.  Out with it
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: **Newbie Playdate** Flamefree Answers to your ?s

• Options
    really?  NO questions?  come on newbies!!!  we are all waiting to help  :)

Married 08/18/07
    BFP 02/15/11 EDD 10/27/11 Born at 35w3d on 09/25/11 
    BFP 10/13/12 EDD 06/25/13 Born at 37w0d on 06/04/13

BFP 12/11/15 EDD 08/23/16 Early miscarriage

BFP 02/02/16 EDD 10/16/16

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Ok I will go first to break the ice :) ...my newbie question is: Is there any general timeline for changes in CM? I am charting CM only as of right now and just curious if there is a general timeline of each stage/type of CM.
    Liam Tyler & Emma Grace 
    ...baby #3 boy MC at 10 weeks

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I guess I should listen more when my doctor talks, but I am having an endometrial biopsy today along with having my progesterone and thyroid checked. Is the endometrial biopsy to check the thickness of my lining?

TIA!  

BabyFruit Ticker

TTC 2.0
    Surprise BFP! Beta#1:37 Beta#2: 97

TTC 1.0
    IUI #1=BFN
    IUI #2=BFP! Beta#1:87 Beta #2:1050
    ~It's a GIRL!~
    Lily born 10/30/12

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

"Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength."
  • Options

imageLexie Marie:
    Ok I will go first to break the ice :) ...my newbie question is: Is there any general timeline for changes in CM? I am charting CM only as of right now and just curious if there is a general timeline of each stage/type of CM.

FF may have something....or TCOYF?

• Options

Can spotting during the LP make it harder (or impossible) to get pregnant?  I can start spotting as early as 5 DPO (see this month's chart) right up until AF. 

Does this mean I have a short LP? 

After 15 cycles and 3 rounds of clomid (50mg) we got our BFP.

Lots of luck to my Golden Girls
  • Options
    imagepurplehydrangea:

Can spotting during the LP make it harder (or impossible) to get pregnant?  I can start spotting as early as 5 DPO (see this month's chart) right up until AF. 

Does this mean I have a short LP? 

No.  It could mean that you have low progesterone and may require a progesterone supplement.  Keep track of it for another few cycles and if it continues I'd call your OB

• Options

OK TMI warning- (or maybe more like "It's about to get really personal warning")

I have had two doctors tell me that I have a very high cervix. Does anyone else have a high cervix or know how this would affect my TTC efforts?

"Even miracles take a little time"

• Options
    What pregnancy test do you recommend? I know some of you buy online for cheap, right?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    imageWish Upon A Star:

OK TMI warning- (or maybe more like "It's about to get really personal warning")

I have had two doctors tell me that I have a very high cervix. Does anyone else have a high cervix or know how this would affect my TTC efforts?

I don't think so

• Options
    imageKdgTeacher:

imageLexie Marie:

TCOYF says that you will progress to creamier EWCM (or whatever your most fertile CM is) up to O and then have a drastic change to dry/sticky.

Anniversary
  • Options
    imageKdgTeacher:

imageLexie Marie:

TCOYF says that you will progress to creamier EWCM (or whatever your most fertile CM is) up to O and then have a drastic change to dry/sticky.

Anniversary
  • Options
    imageKdgTeacher:

imageLexie Marie:

Anniversary
  • Options

imageLexie Marie:

It depends on the person I think.  I have noticed a pattern for me after charting for a few months.   Here is a link on FF that might help:

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/Typical-cervical-fluid-pattern-.html 

Married 08/18/07

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options

imageLexie Marie:

"Typical" Cervical Fluid Pattern

While your cervical fluid pattern may vary from cycle to cycle and it may vary from woman to woman, a typical cervical fluid pattern looks like this:

1. Immediately following menstruation there is usually a dry vaginal sensation and there is little or no cervical fluid.

2. After a few days of dryness, there is normally a cervical fluid that is best described as "sticky" or "pasty" but not wet. While this kind of cervical fluid is not conducive to sperm survival these days may be considered as "possibly fertile" if found before ovulation.

3. Following these "sticky" days, most women generally notice a cervical fluid that is best described as "creamy". This fluid may be white, yellow or beige in color and has the look and feel of lotion or cream. At this point the vagina may feel wet and this indicates possible increased fertility.

4. The most fertile cervical fluid now follows. This most fertile fluid looks and feels like raw egg white. It is slippery and may be stretched several inches between your fingers. It is usually clear and may be very watery. The vagina feels wet and lubricated. These days are considered most fertile. This is the fluid that is the most friendly and receptive to sperm. It looks a lot like semen and, like semen, can act as a transport for sperm.

5. After ovulation, fertile fluid dries up very quickly and the vagina remains more or less dry until the next cycle. Some women may notice small amounts of fertile-looking fluid after ovulation as the corpus luteum produces small amounts of estrogen, but you are not at all fertile after ovulation has been confirmed.

-FF

GlitterPhoto GlitterPhoto
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Together since 5/08 ~ Married 6/19/10 ~ TTC #1 since 8/10
    BFP#1 3/26/11 ~ EDD 12/2/11 ~ Ectopic Twins left tube 7w3d
    BFP#2 11/2/11 ~ EDD 7/14/12 ~ Robert Edgar born 7/18/12
    BFP#3 9/28/13 ~ EDD 5/20/14 ~ Benjamin Clarence born 5/15/14
  • Options

What do you think of the Clearblue Fertility monitor?  I found OPKs to be confusing last cycle (got four consecutive days of positives, but only with FMU), so I thought maybe this device would make things a bit easier.  Thoughts??

• Options
    so sorry about the multiple posts. I have no idea what this computer did. I can't delete them now, says it is past the time limit. sorry!Tongue Tied
    Anniversary
  • Options
    imageWish Upon A Star:

I know it would be a bit of a coincidence, but I wonder if you were nearing ovulation both times you were checked which would mean your cervix was high. Regardless, I don't think it would affect your TTC efforts.

Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• Options

imagec_washington:
    What pregnancy test do you recommend? I know some of you buy online for cheap, right?

These are the ones that I ordered:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GHZZOS/ref=oss_product

Married 08/18/07

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    imagePocky873:

What do you think of the Clearblue Fertility monitor?  I found OPKs to be confusing last cycle (got four consecutive days of positives, but only with FMU), so I thought maybe this device would make things a bit easier.  Thoughts??

Some women get more than 1 positive.  I've enver used one, but I guess if I could find one cheaper it might be worth a shot.  I know you can get digital OPKs on Amazon for cheaper than you get them in the store

• Options
    imagebtsrc5:

imagec_washington:

These are the ones that I ordered:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GHZZOS/ref=oss_product

I buy Wondfo brand from Amazon.com

• Options
    Thanks girl :)
    Liam Tyler & Emma Grace 
    ...baby #3 boy MC at 10 weeks

• Options

Okay well my question isn't so much a "newbie" questions as it is just a general question. It might be TMI....if it is I'm sorry! I just don't think it's create a post attention whore worthy.

I have heard that clotting during AF is normal provided it's not any bigger than a quarter. I've always had tiny clots during the heaviest day but they've been tiny and never more than that one day. The past few months my period cramps are getting unbearable to the point that 3 Extra Strength Midol's aren't working. This current period I woke up one morning to a clot bigger than I've ever experienced. It was probably twice the size of a quarter. I do have heavy periods and the Dr prescribed me something to lessen the flow but now I'm starting to worry. The pain is increasing and the larger clots are getting more common each month.

Should I be concerned? My yearly exam is in July but I'm beginning to wonder if I should see about getting in sooner. I know there are women on this board that have Endometriosis so I'm just wondering from their experience, should I be pushing my DR to get in now or have any of you experienced the same thing? Am I over-reacting or does this seem like something I should be worried about?

• Options
    Is anyone else checking cervical position/firmness? I know some people think it is gross (including DH) but I think it is empowering (and free)!
  • Options

imageshybee:
    Is anyone else checking cervical position/firmness? I know some people think it is gross (including DH) but I think it is empowering (and free)!

I don't, but quite a few women here do.  I can never tell the difference between the height/firmness.

• Options

imageshybee:

I don't, but quite a few women here do.  I can never tell the difference between the height/firmness.

• Options

I was wondering about chemical pregnancies since I've heard them mentioned several times.  

Is there a certain time period I should wait to test to avoid getting a + when it is in fact a cp or is it different for all?  For example this cycle I'd like to test at 12 dpo, my period is expected on 15 dpo.  If I do get a + could it be a cp?

• Options

I do! It took me a few cycles to get it down pat, but now that I can differentiate between the height and firmness patterns, I love it. I only have a HSO cervix the day that I O, and then it changes back very quickly. It really helps me to know when my O date is and to take full advantage!

More power to ya! ;)

Edit: Oops! Meant to quote Shybee :)

TFAS since 2012

Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!

• Options
    imageTea712:

I was wondering about chemical pregnancies since I've heard them mentioned several times.  

Is there a certain time period I should wait to test to avoid getting a + when it is in fact a cp or is it different for all?  For example this cycle I'd like to test at 12 dpo, my period is expected on 15 dpo.  If I do get a + could it be a cp?

I think technically speaking a chemical pregnancy is a loss of any pregnancy before 5 weeks.  However, yes the situation you talked about would be a chemical pregnancy.  You get a + a few days before your period is due....then you get your period.  That is one downfall of having pregnancy tests that can detect the hormone sooner.

• Options
    imagetosh24:
    imageWish Upon A Star:

I know it would be a bit of a coincidence, but I wonder if you were nearing ovulation both times you were checked which would mean your cervix was high. Regardless, I don't think it would affect your TTC efforts.

I dont think I was nearing ovulation, but both times it was before I was TTC so I didn't pay much attention. It just kind of worried me, because they both look at women's bodies all day, and I must really abnormal if they felt the need to mention it.

"Even miracles take a little time"

• Options
    imageTea712:

I think waiting to test until at least 14DPO (or a day or so past your longest LP if you're charting and you know your LP lengths) will help you avoid knowing if you had a chemical pregnancy. I'm not sure of the point where it becomes a miscarriage, though. Yes, an early positive could result in a CP/MC, although the fact that a positive showed up early vs. later doesn't increase the chance that it will result in a CP/MC (I'm pretty sure).

GlitterPhoto GlitterPhoto
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Together since 5/08 ~ Married 6/19/10 ~ TTC #1 since 8/10
    BFP#1 3/26/11 ~ EDD 12/2/11 ~ Ectopic Twins left tube 7w3d
    BFP#2 11/2/11 ~ EDD 7/14/12 ~ Robert Edgar born 7/18/12
    BFP#3 9/28/13 ~ EDD 5/20/14 ~ Benjamin Clarence born 5/15/14
  • Options
    imageWish Upon A Star:
    imagetosh24:
    imageWish Upon A Star:

I dont think I was nearing ovulation, but both times it was before I was TTC so I didn't pay much attention. It just kind of worried me, because they both look at women's bodies all day, and I must really abnormal if they felt the need to mention it.

I wouldn't worry. I have gotten this comment during several exams and I think it's just because they have to do a little more work (and so do I, shifting position a little) in order to get to my cervix, and they want to make sure I know what is going on and to relax a bit.

• Options
    imageKdgTeacher:
    imageTea712:

I think technically speaking a chemical pregnancy is a loss of any pregnancy before 5 weeks.  However, yes the situation you talked about would be a chemical pregnancy.  You get a + a few days before your period is due....then you get your period.  That is one downfall of having pregnancy tests that can detect the hormone sooner.

You can also get a + after your period is due, and then have it disapper in a matter of days or a week. It's a good guidance to not test early, but CPs can happen even after you have a late period.

• Options

Please can you take a look at my chart, I really not sure what is going on, I have never had CM after ovulation and it hasn't stopped even though FF says I am 11 DPO. I also have never had longer than a 9 day LP , and I usually spot a lot???

I think I haven't O'd yet, but my temps look odd, what do you think?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Diagnosed with Anti little c antibodies. DS1 7.11.11 - Anaemia and Jaundice. 10 days in the NICU, 1 exchange transfusion and 4 blood transfusions. DS2 29.8.13 - Anaemia 7 days in the NICU and 1 exchange transfusion. Both are now happy and healthy. 

• Options

Tosh24: I only have a HSO cervix the day that I O, and then it changes back very quickly.

Me too! Thank you for your response- I am glad to hear that someone has a similar experience!

• Options

It's possible that you haven't O'd yet....if you did, that temp drop you had this morning might mean AF is coming (LPs can vary by 1 or 2 days). Have you taken an HPT yet?

Edit: Okay, this is piiissing me off now....why can't I quote today??? Anyway, this was in response to NNGnome.....

TFAS since 2012

• Options
    imagetosh24:

It's possible that you haven't O'd yet....if you did, that temp drop you had this morning might mean AF is coming (LPs can vary by 1 or 2 days). Have you taken an HPT yet?

Edit: Okay, this is piiissing me off now....why can't I quote today??? Anyway, this was in response to NNGnome.....

No I haven't taken a HPT, up until today's temp I had assumed I had probably O'd on CD 24/25, making me only 5-6 DPO. Now I don't know what to think, I usually have much higher temps after O (36.7 - 36.9) before they drop and I get spotting from around 6 DPO onwards, I have only been charting for 4 cycles though and I have only been off BCP since July, so I guess that might not mean anything. I am very confused..

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Diagnosed with Anti little c antibodies. DS1 7.11.11 - Anaemia and Jaundice. 10 days in the NICU, 1 exchange transfusion and 4 blood transfusions. DS2 29.8.13 - Anaemia 7 days in the NICU and 1 exchange transfusion. Both are now happy and healthy. 

• Options
    imageNNGnome:
    imagetosh24:

No I haven't taken a HPT, up until today's temp I had assumed I had probably O'd on CD 24/25, making me only 5-6 DPO. Now I don't know what to think, I usually have much higher temps after O (36.7 - 36.9) before they drop and I get spotting from around 6 DPO onwards, I have only been charting for 4 cycles though and I have only been off BCP since July, so I guess that might not mean anything. I am very confused..

I think FF is right.  With only 2 charts to go off of it can be hard, but you don't seem to have very drastic temp shifts.  WHile it may not be typical, it is totally fine to get EWCM at various points in your cycle 

• Options
    imageKdgTeacher:
    imageNNGnome:
    imagetosh24:

I think FF is right.  With only 2 charts to go off of it can be hard, but you don't seem to have very drastic temp shifts.  WHile it may not be typical, it is totally fine to get EWCM at various points in your cycle 

Thanks KDG, I have been taking B6 for a couple months now, so maybe that has changed things, I guess AF is probably on the way.

• Options

I feel silly asking this one- but I just can't figure it out :(

How do you get your FF ticker to show up in your siggy (not just the link to your chart)?  I've been trying for a while with no luck.

TTC#1 since July '10. DH: Borderline Morph. Me: age 33. Hypothyroidism.
    FSH #1: 10.9 (E2 80.7). FSH #2: 11.8 (E2 72.6). FSH #3: 9.1 (E2 36)
    AMH: 2.6. AFC: ranges 9-21. HSG: clear. SHG: normal.
    After 3 failed TI cycles, 3 failed IUI cycles, a couple of c/ps, we got our sticky baby on IUI #4 (first with injects).
    Feb '12 Clomid/Menopur/Ganirelix/IVIL/Heparin/Acupuncture + IUI #4= BFP!
    Baby girl born at 34 weeks on 10/16/12
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers <a href="http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e42/cnickis/Nicki Wedding/?action=view
  • Options

So my question is regarding vaginal bleeding (like a period) during pregnancy....I know many of the ladies on the TTC board haven't been pregnant before, but some are trying for #2 so I'd figure I'd give this question a shot.

Both my mother and my grandmother had, what seemed to be regular, monthly periods, almost throughout their entire pregnancies. Now, obviously this was vaginal bleeding of some sort, not an actual period because it's not technically possible when pregnant.  My mom told me that she didn't get any +HPTs at all and then went in when she was roughly 3 months pregnant for a blood test and that confirmed she was pregnant.  I've seen similar situations on several message boards but was wondering if anyone knew someone who experienced this as well.  I am wondering what you think someones chart would look like if they had this happen to them. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"