Birth Stories
Options

hypnobabies? nee help

did anyone use this during labor?  was it useful?  was the home study course a good way to go?  there are no classes where i live, or even close.  husband is a total nonbeliever.  i would like to think it helps. need opionions, please!  thank you!

Re: hypnobabies? nee help

• Options
    We did hypnobirthing, which is similar from what I understand.  It was a great experience.  The methods I learned helped me to stay relaxed and focus.  Despite the fact that I was in the hospital with plenty of medicated pain relief at my disposal I never once considered getting an epi.  It was honestly not that bad and I think the reason for that was hypnobirthing.  I was so comfortable in fact that when my MW told me I was fully dilated and could start pushing I chose to wait another 1 1/2 hours to let my baby come down more on her own (I didn't want to waste my energy pushing).  You might want to post this on the Natural Birth board, I know there are some girls who have used hypnobabies and will be able to give you more information.
  • Options

I used Hypnobabies for my last birth and it was very helpful!  I took the live course, but I now moderate the Hypnobabies Yahoo Group and most of the moms there use the Hypnobabies Home Study with great success.  I have gathered over 250 birth stories from moms in that group at www.pregnancybirthandbabies.com

Sheridan

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"