Indiana Babies
Options

I need some ideas re: MH's birthday

Last year we were saying goodbye to Aidan on MH's birthday. I know it will always be tough for him, but I want to do something special for him.  He has everything that he wants/needs so I was thinking a night away. I can't travel more than an hour away and we live on the northside of Indy. Do you guys have any ideas of places we could go or do?
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
Photobucket

Re: I need some ideas re: MH's birthday

• Options

I think a night away is a perfect idea.  I'm sorry I'm not the best at this type of thing but I think even if you're close by, you'll have a great time.  I don't know what you like to do, but you could plan some kind of concert/comedy/movie and dinner and stay in a hotel, or something fun like that. 

I hope someone else can chime in with better and more specific suggestions!

• Options
    Maggie, I think that's a great idea!  Even if you stay in Indy, it could be a fun "staycation"!  Choose a hotel close to a restaurant and make reservations that you can walk to, or maybe schedule something, like Kathy suggested - comedy, movie, or even a spa treatment if he would be up for that!  I bet you will both really enjoy it!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am a big fan of downtown Indy for 'staycations'. I usually do one a year with my family the day after thanksgiving and another one with me hubby at some point during the year. I usually stay at the Hilton downtown. The rooms are huge and very nice. You can walk everywhere. And if walking is not an option you are just a short drive from the museums, comedy clubs (we like Crackers), Mass ave, etc. I have also stayed at the Conrad and they have a spa that I have heard great things about. The rooms are unbelievable. Good luck! I'm sure now matter what he will appreciate your effort and be thankful that he gets to spend his bday with you.
  • Options

I stayed at the Conrad downtown once--it is the most amazing hotel.  Just the basic King room is incredible and luxurious.  You are connected to the mall, so you could go eat at some places without going outside.  Or, check out Tastings, the Conrad's wine bar.  Obviously there are a ton of restaurants to choose from, but I bet the room service is fantastic!!  

MH birthday is coming up, maybe I'll do this for him :) 

• Options

I was going to suggest the conrad as well.  

I saw the the other day they had dinner and night stay for like $109.  Might see if they still have something available like that.

• Options
    imagelckytabby3:

I was going to suggest the conrad as well.  

I saw the the other day they had dinner and night stay for like $109.  Might see if they still have something available like that.

The Conrad is SO worth it.

Where did you see that special at?  Wouldn't mind surprising hubby for our anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't been there yet, but Todd's family loves French Lick.  Even if you aren't big gamblers, I guess they have a spa & it's nice to walk around.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageSusieDMB:
    I haven't been there yet, but Todd's family loves French Lick.  Even if you aren't big gamblers, I guess they have a spa & it's nice to walk around.

That's about 2.5 hours from the northside of Indy.

The Conrad is a great idea.  I've also heard really great things about the Renaissance Hotel in Carmel (Meridian and... 131st?  126th?  Somewhere around there), as well as the restaurant located in it, Grille 39 I think it's called.

#PerfectStrangers

2012 Races:
    1/28 - Planet Adventure night trail 1/4-marathon - 1:25:47
    3/24 - Sam Costa half marathon - 2:02:47
    4/14 - Hoosier 10 miler - 1:25:21 (8:32) PR!
    7/8 - XTERRA Freedom Fest Hawaii 10K
    9/1 - Indianapolis Women's Half Marathon
    10/20 - Indianapolis Marathon Relay
    11/4 - Monumental Marathon (full marathon #2)
    11/22 - Drumstick Dash 4.5mi
  • Options
    I was going to suggest downtown too! There are so many great restaurants downtown walkable from the hotels. I know it's not the Conrad, but I can get you a discount to any IHG property (Crown Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn, Staybridge, or Candlewood).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"