Minnesota Babies
Options

Has anyone used any of the midwives at Park Nicollet?

So I'm brand new pregnant.  I had a c-section with my son, and I'd like to try a VBAC this time.  I had a horrible time with my provider last time and am looking for someone good.

I see my doctor at Park Nicollet, so it'd be nice if I could stay with them.  I also like Methodist from what I hear about it.  So has anyone seen any of the midwives at Park Nicollet-Meadowbrook??

I made my first appt. with Kira Weier because in her bio she talks about VBACs, so that makes me happy.  

Diane Feller is another midwife the receptionist recommended because she has a lot of experience.  But has anyone had any experience with any of these midwives?

https://www.parknicollet.com/methodist/Doctors/Find_a_doctor/provider_detail/provider_detail.cfm?refer=yes&Gender=All&Specialty_ID=119&Clinic_ID=All&NonPNClinicName=All

Mama to Elliot (11.09.08) and Jude (09.01.11)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Has anyone used any of the midwives at Park Nicollet?

• Options

I am currently seeing the Meadowbrook Park Nicollet MWs for my current pregnancy and so far have been very pleased. 

My two appointments so far have been with Amy Brandl and Tanya Meuller.  My next one is with Amy again.

They recommend getting to know as many of the midwives as possible since you  never know who will be on call the day you deliver.

According to my doula all of the MW's at Park Nicollet share a very similar childbirth philosophy (while obviously they differ in personality) so you cannot go wrong with whom ever you see.

Good Luck!

• Options

Hi -

Yes! Both Diane Feller and Tanya Muller are wonderful. They also happened to be the midwives who were with me while I was laboring and Tanya delivered my baby girl. I highly recommend the Meadowbrook Midwives! Kira, Amy Brandl, and Kaisa are all great as well.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Wonderful!  Thank you, ladies!

aem, did you like Methodist?

Mama to Elliot (11.09.08) and Jude (09.01.11)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I LOVED the PN Midwives. I had a fabulous labor experience at Methodist and the Midwives were wonderful! I saw Kaisa, Amy, Tawnya, and Diane for my pre-natal visits. I feel like they have more time for you at each appt which I really appreciated. Patricia delivered my baby and even though I had never met her before, I couldn't of asked for anyone better to help me through it. Looking back, I'm so happy I went with the Midwives, they made me feel important and well cared for.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I had a VBAC with the Midwives at Meadowbrook (delivered at Methodist) and it was AWESOME! Any of them would be a good choice. Kaisa is fantastic, Amy B is also wonderful, as is Kira (who I believe has also had a VBAC herself). But truly, you can't go wrong with any of them. 
  • Options
    I am going through the Meadowbrook location and I've liked all of the midwives I've met, except the last one (i think it was tanya) but I think she was having an off day. I've had a couple quirks (DH is a mild hemophiliac, I'm RH negative and he's RH positive, and they found an empty sac in the womb with the baby which was either a twin that didn't survive or a miscarriage that never went away?) and they've never batted an eye. Plus they review all of the ultrasounds as they come in and will call you if they have questions about it, as opposed to waiting for your next appointment. I don't know if that is standard practice, but it was very much appreicated when they called.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"