Infertility
Options

Dealing with an insane friend?

I have a friend that just got pregnant. She has gone nuts. I really am not the best person to talk about a new pregnancy with... especially when this was her first month trying. (FML) Anyways.. she has been sending me pictures of her pregnancy tests, all the new clothes she has bought for the baby (yes shes like 5 weeks), and telling me how perfect her pregnancy is. She got an u/s and sent me the picture of the sac and yolk sac and said her doctor told her she will def have a heartbeat next week. Mind you that not long ago I had the same situation but there was no heartbeat. Not trying to be "debbie downer" but I feel like she is trying to rub this in my face.... I thought I was crazy at first but DH told me to stop talking to her and block her number. I already "hid" her on facebook because she told her whole family and they are writting all over her wall. Am I horrible to stop talking to her? I have told her twice that this is really overwhelming to me. What do you guys think? Am I horrible?
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Dealing with an insane friend?

• Options

Sometimes u have to do what u have to do....for ur own sanity.

IF-ers are much more cautious IMO...others will never understand.  I had the same thing as u, no heatbeat when they were SURE there would be one.

I wouldn't be telling a SOLE at 5 wks.  So i totally understand where you are coming from.  ((hugs)).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I would like to think that your friend, (assuming she knows your story,) would be more sensitive. I am sorry you are going through this. Do what you need to do to take care of yourself. Good luck!
    image BabyName Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    She seems pretty tactless (and clueless). Seriously, you've already told her twice that this is overwhelming (and probably painful) for you, and she won't shut up...  I'm so sorry you have to go through this.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Wow, she sounds crazy and clueless.  I don't think you're crazy or horrible AT ALL to limit contact with her for a while.
    Anniversary

TTC #1 Off of HBC December 09 Dx PCOS, no ovulation, HSG + SIS normal 9/4: 100 mg clomid + ovidrel trigger: BFN 10/15: Gonal-f (75 IU, 112.5 IU, 150 IU) + ovidrel trigger + IUI: BFN 11/15: Gonal-f (112.5 IU) + ovidrel trigger + IUI: BFN 12/17: Gonal-f (112.5 IU, 150 IU): cycle canceled due to no response IVF #1: 1/18 start BCP, 2/1 start Lupron, 2/10 start stimming, 2/20 ER, 2/15 ET, 3/6 beta 1: 216, 3/8 beta 2: 420 *saifw*

• Options
    Like the other girls said... you have to do what you have to do.  I don't think you are in the wrong at all.  There comes a time where we find ourselves at different points in our lives and our friend situations change... limiting your contact now does not mean it is permanent, just that you are in very different places currently.  good luck and (((hugs))) to you for having to deal with this.
  • Options

i cut off a friend who was doing the same thing.

she 'accidently' got pregnant...she had one, the guy she was dating had a vasectomy, her cycle just ended, and yeah, she is preggers, sent me pics and updates. not something i wished to see.

TTC #2 since June '08

~*DD 10.21.07*~

dx unexplained

IUI #1-4 BFN

IVF#1 June 2011 BFN

IVF#2 Dec 2011

Beta#1 12/21 : 812 Beta#2 12/23 : 1634

EDD 8/25

*PAIFW/SAIFW*

• Options
    I would keep your distance from her for now. It will only get worse with her telling you every little detail.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"