June 2011 Moms

:(

So I have written a few posts and I want to thank everyone for the answers. I thought my pregnancy would be normal with nothing wrong. As of right now I am depressed and I really don't like being pregnant.

After my miscarriage we found out that I have MTHFR, which is a clotting disorder. I don't have to inject heparin just take a baby aspirin a day. Then I failed the 1 and 3 hour glucose test and now have GD. I have to watch what I eat and check my blood sugar 4x a day. What I don't get is that since I found out I was pregnant I have been eating healthier and has lost 17 lbs. I am having such a hard time trying to prick my finger that I get so worked up and break out into a sweat and I cried myself to sleep last night ( pathetic I know ). 

I am just writing how I feel and not holding it in. I don't know if anyone else feels this way and I don't think my husband would understand. I am happy I am pregnant just down right now I guess.

Oh and next wed. I have to go see the nurse and give her the paper work for my sugars, which the sheet is empty so I am sure I will get yelled at for that. And I have an ob/gyn appt. on thurs and will prolly get yelled at again. I think I may just be overwhelmed.

Thanks for reading.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: :(

• Sorry you are having a rough time. I don't have any advice, but I will be thinking about you. Hope it get's better.
  • Aw, I'm sorry you're having a tough time.  You've got a lot on your plate right now, so how you are feeling is completely understandable.

Is it just the idea of pricking your finger that is freaking you out, or is it the pain?  Because I know that they make really really thin lancets that you can hardly even feel...maybe that would help?

We're always here for you, so feel free to come and vent to us!  It will get better, I promise.  ((big hugs))

• Loading the player...
  • I am so sorry you are going through such a rough time. Please know that we care and you can vent to us any time you need to. <hug>

peace,
    katharine

Book-Kitten blog

• I'm sorry things have been so difficult for you.  No one ever tells us how much "work" goes into being pregnant.  Have you thought about going to counseling?  Being pregnant is stressful enough but you have so much more going on and I can understand why you're feeling so down. 

A friend of mine went through IVF to become pregnant, and experienced a whole bunch of complications including having to take daily injections for a clotting disorder, and GD.  It was hard, but she went with the flow and now has a very happy and healthy 14 month old.  

Hang in there and continue to take care of yourself, which also means getting all of this out.   We'll all be thinking about you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sorry to hear all of this. I don't have all of your complications, but like you, I don't like being pregnant. My body doesn't tolerate it well and I am miserable most days. It was like this with the last pregnancy too. I am definitely not wishing the pregnancy away...I know the miracle of it all. Just wanted to let you know that there are others out there that are not even close to enjoying it either! :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My aunt was telling me that she went through depression while she was pregnant.  This might be chemical and your doc can help.  Would you be willing to give him/her a call?  

I take Lovenox for MTHFR and supplementing the pregnancy is definitely a drag. 

• Definitely call your doctor. Maybe they have other ideas for you about the pricking. Also, Diabetes is a lot to adjust to. There must be a support group or someone that has gone through this that could help you. My cousin was diagnosed with diabetes when she was younger and met her boyfriend at college that way actually. They are both in the medical field. Maybe a dietician could help. I know you've been eating healthy, so it may just be hormonal. However, the dietician would know a lot of diabetics.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • They only have you taking baby asprin for MTHFR? I'm surprised. No extra Folic supplements? I don't have to get the injections either, but I'm on 1600 mcg's of Folic Acid DAILY, regardless of pregnancy. Ask your doctor about it. I can't be much help in the GD area... and I'm sorry for that. I can imagine that it is just more stress on you that you dont need, especially while pregnant. *hugs* Hang in there girly.
    Photobucket
  • I complete understand the lack of joy surrounding a complicated pregnancy. Of course you are happy about the baby and glad to be making it through the pregnancy, it doesn't make it suck less that you are not feeling well. I have different complications but the same emotional result: on the bad days I feel like i've been run over by a truck and can't believe I have 24 more weeks of this (and I have to hope for all of those because I'm HIGH risk for preterm labor). The bad days also seem to spiral, why do the pain, nausea, headaches, pain, puking, pain all come on the same days? And then you have good days.... and on those its hard not to think of the true potential outcome of your complications. (For instance, last week I had a complete mental breakdown about how if I went on bedrest, my job probably would not be held for me because I'd be out too long, but if the baby was born too early or sick, I would struggle to find daycare and if I didn't go back to work, wouldn't I financially break us and we'd be broke the rest of this kid's life???)

My main advice in your situation is to find some sort of support for GD, it sounds like that is your biggest struggle. Check out the high risk board, I've seen a lot about GD on there. All these ladies have great advice for handling the finger prick (I couldn't do it so I don't)

Most of all, I hope you find some sort of joy in this pregnancy :)

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I completely understand! I haven't had the complications you've had, but I've had my own. I am soo thankful to be pregnant because I want my baby, but most days I hate being pregnant. I don't think I could prick my finger either. Although I thought GD wasn't caused by diet. I hope you start to feel better emotionally.
  • I want to thank you guys for the support. I talked to my husband and he told me that he is very overwhelmed also. I pricked my finger this morning and I am going to do it. I have to to make sure I am healthy and that the baby is healthy. Thank you guys again it meant a lot to read the responses.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"