May 2011 Moms
Options

Stroller Question...any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hi ladies! Very similar to everyone else ,we started the baby registry.  I really thought I had a good idea of many of the products we wanted to add to the registry except one....the Stroller. 

At first I had decided to go with the Graco Travel System Stroller. I know a couple of friends that have kids that have the Graco brand and they really enjoy the stroller. While at the store though, a team member was showing another mom-to-be a Chicco Cortina Travel System Stroller. She was very knowledgeable about the stroller and started to "hook" me into the conversation about how it is a "better" stroller than the Graco brand for this reason and that reason, etc.

I looked up consumer reports on both strollers and they seemed to have similar reviews with ratings of 4-5 stars.  So now I am asking for some advice from "real" women..lol   Have any of you had any experience with either type of stroller and if so which one would you recommend? 

I really appreciate any advice and thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Stroller Question...any advice would be greatly appreciated!

• Options
    I am interested in hearing what other say too!  The BRU associate suggested Chicco as well and said to stay away from Saftey 1st.
  • Options

I don't have my Baby Bargains book with me, but if someone has theirs handy they could look that stuff up for you.  I know when I was reading it they had a lot of really specific advice about brands.

Personally, I can't get myself on board with a travel system.  I doing an infant car seat and a snap'n'go.  I'm going to figure out the stroller- what works best for our LO/what I like, etc. when the baby starts out growing the infant seat.

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I haven't actually used one yet...but...I have gotten equally glowing reviews about both travel systems.

I posted a similar post on the "nurseries and gear" board and it was about 50-50 between the Chico Cortina and the Graco systems.

Maybe make a post over there? In the end, if they both seem to be rated equally, and get recommendations from Moms who use them...it might come down to which one you actually like when you test it out in your hand, or the pattern you like.

• Options

With DS we had the Graco Travel System.  He just turned 3 (today!) and I used the stroller 2 days ago when he was throwing a major fit.  The quality is good, it's sturdy, and easy to steer.  I had the metrolite model in the Milan pattern.  When DS was a month old I got rear ended and he didn't even wake up (Graco Snugride carseat).  My friend had the Quattro Tour stroller and she wished she had gotten the Metrolite.  It's so heavy and difficult to steer with one hand.

We'll be using Graco with this baby as well.  I'd love to try that Alano Flip It but we're not buying another stroller.  I bought the Joovy Caboose since I'll have 2.

• Options
    Chico's ratings are a little higher, but both are in the top for safety.  We went with, and still use, our Graco Metrolite.  The Chico was too heavy for me and our Graco has held up very well.  No complaints here.  I wanted the travel system, just because I knew I would use the stroller itself after DS outgrew the carrier (he still falls asleep in the stroller, rather than an umbrella, because it reclines).
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers, Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice! I think I might have to go back to the store and "test drive" each one out again to see how they handle, feel, etc. Smile
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"