Success after IF
Options

Weaning is emotional...

I feel like a crazy lady lately.  We are down to one nursing session a day, and it seems to be turning me into a nutjob.

Tell me this gets better?  I am a hot mess...

Re: Weaning is emotional...

• Options
    I thought I had lost my ever-loving mind (and my husband thought so, too), but it only lasted about three weeks for me. That is, three weeks after my last nursing session ever.
  • Options
    Ugh!!! Hugs! I hope you feel better soon!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I am not actively weaning yet per se, but I think these feelings are normal.  Hang in there, Mama :)

ps - I love the phrase "hot mess" and try to incorporate it as much as possible into my daily jargon :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Ugh, so not looking forward to that! 

I'm so clueless about it all...is it emotional because you don't really want to give it up or because of a hormonal change? 

In any case, I'm sorry and hope things change for you quickly! Hugs!

TTC since 05 :( Dh diagnosed with azoospermia. Unsuccessful reconstructive surgery in 07-08. IVF w/ ICSI #1: BFP! 1 strong heartbeat and 1 lost twin @ 2nd U/S...bittersweet Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    You made it far longer than I did (I stopped EPing at 9 wks due to low supply) but I remember being very upset about it.  Just remember, not only is it emotional but also bioloigical - your hormones change when you wean.  So don't feel bad about feeling emotional, just know that you did an AMAZING job!   You can't send your kid to kindergarten still nursing, it has to end eventually.... kudos to you for nursing so long - you are awesome!
  • Options

Thanks y'all.  I appreciate the support.

I'm not really sad to be weaning her...she is thriving on WCM, and she never acts like she wants to nurse...I have to initiate the on session per day that we have left. I'm not in a hurry to drop that session, but some part of me feels like I am postponing my suffereing.  I don't know.

I guess this is a hormonal thing?  Weaning hormones, plus me trying to conquer this binge/emotional eating thing, plus deciding to postpone TTC all at the same time is really kicking my ass. 

Tomorrow is a new day...

• Options
    Oh man, the hormones are crazyl! I cried for about a week straight, every night. Dh thought I was BSC, but it does get better. Like a week after stopping, I felt like, ok I can do this. It's like quitting an addiction or something. Awful. Hugs to you.
  • Options
    It's hard! HUGS. I still miss it tremendously and sometimes wish I wouldn't have quit and it's been 3 months!
    Married on 3.20.2004. It took 30 month, 2 failed adoptions and IVF for our first miracle. We have had 9 foster kids since he was born and started the domestic adoption process when he was 10 month old, we had 4 failed matches in that time. After our daughter was born we brought her home and spent 2 weeks fearing we might lose her because of complications that came up. But Praise God all went through and she is ours forever! Expecting again after IVF Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"