D.C. Area Babies
Options

teething hell, sleepless night #4, here we come (loooong)

DS is cutting his 2nd tooth and it's absolutely horrible, according to my Mom, my sister and I were the same way, basically, each tooth = getting really sick, coughing, runny nose, miserable, non-stop crying. DS even had some weird eye discharge. I took him to the Dr y'day b/c I thought he got what I have (coughing, nose running, so bad I went on anti-biotics, and I never take meds!), nope, just teething!

he's been very lethargic, tired during the day and up screaming most of the night. Nursing a lot during the day, not much during the night. Many short daytime naps, awake (screaming) at night. Horrendous blow-out poops several times a day; screaming when I try to wipe his nose (can't even attempt to suction it), and screaming when nosal discharge gets to his mouth.

Dr said I can give him Motrin (ibuprofin) instead of Tylenol and he threw up the 2nd time I gave it to him (at 3am, of course), not a little spit up, ounces of throw up. Same thing after I gave it to him this evening, nursed for 15mins after the Motrin, then threw up so much I had to change my clothes. Has anyone's baby had a similar reaction to ibuprofin (we use generic)?

Oh, and I feel like crap, Dr prescribed anti-biotics (BF friendly) b/c he figured what I have is not viral since it's been so long; well, it must not be bacterial either b/c I still have coughing fits that keep me up for hours (well, would keep me up if I could sleep), and tomorrow is the last day (day 5) of the anti-biotics!

1/1/11 can't come fast enough, I'm really looking FWD to a much healthier, better year!

Re: teething hell, sleepless night #4, here we come (loooong)

• Options
    I am so, so sorry. We've been in teething and sickness hell as well. All I can tell you is that DH had the cold/cough (turned into bronchitis) for a month. He was on antibiotics for 5 days and felt slightly better but not completely. Our doctor told him he wouldn't really feel 100% until at least a week after finishing the antibiotics since it takes a while to get rid of everything. He's finally on the mend. I hope you start feeling better soon. Whatever is going around is awful, especially when you can't take the time to rest yourself.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Oh, I am SO right there with you! I almost posted my own little vent about this earlier tonight. We are in RSV/ear infection land, and it is awful. It's been 1.5 weeks, 4 doc visits, 1 ER visit, so many hours awake at night...and I had strep in there too!

Here's hoping that 2011 comes in and turns things around! Hope you feel better soon and your DS's teeth finish up for a little while!

Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No advice, just sympathy and big hug.  Left Hug  Right Hug  It's one thing when they're sick/teething/uncomfortable for whatever eason, it's another thing when they're sick AND you're sick.  It wears you out for sure.  Hang in there!!!
    Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • Options

Feel better Sofka, I'm sending you hugs and a drink.  Hopefully your husband and family can help out a bit nad you can put in some ear plugs and get a good nights rest.  It will definitely make you feel better and better able to help DS with his teething.

• Options

You might want to try Mucinex DM for yourself.  I had a similar cough that would not go away and the Mucinex DM worked the best (it's the one for coughs - don't just get the regular Mucinex).

Also, for the baby, make sure you give him the ibuprofin after he eats so it's not on an empty stomach.

Hope things improve asap!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"