Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

How can I get LO to not hate car rides?

We currently give him a paci and that works most of the time.  However within the next month we plan on weaning him off the paci at bed time and would like to get rid of it all together.   I know bedtime won't be too difficult, but I feel like the car ride will be since he does't like them usually.  We bring toys for him to play with etc. and they might work for a little bit, but that's all.

Any ideas?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: How can I get LO to not hate car rides?

• Options

Why not just let him keep it in the car?

Honestly though, I had a car screamer when he was much littler, and I made sure we went in the car every single day to get him used to it.  Maybe I'm a meanie...but it worked and now he's totally content in the car.

Photobucket

Bar tab = $156,000, Bus to Foxwoods = $0, Puking in the Stanley Cup = Priceless

• Options
    When we switched to a conv he started enjoying car rides.
    Brady (7.15.10) and Nolan (5.11.13)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagesourpatchkids:
    When we switched to a conv he started enjoying car rides.

He's already in one, has been for a couple months and I was hoping for a change, but no luck. 

And to the first poster, we want to get rid of it all together before baby #2 arrives.  And I don't want him dependent on it for anything, I know its not a big deal but I'd rather ditch it sooner than later.  I'd like him to be paci free by 9m if possible.   When he was little he was great during car rides, but ever since he became more active I don't think he's big on being held back.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageDreamsicle23:

Why not just let him keep it in the car?

Honestly though, I had a car screamer when he was much littler, and I made sure we went in the car every single day to get him used to it.  Maybe I'm a meanie...but it worked and now he's totally content in the car.

I did this...everyday we go out somewhere, even if it's somewhere I might normally walk. If it's the only place I have to go, I drive.  DS is getting much better but it's been a slow LONG process.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"