Pregnant after a Loss

Last night I had the most vivid m/c dream..Scary!!!

Ugh, it even woke me up and I just remember the emotional distress part of the dream so vividly. Crying Has anyone else had these dreams, it's not an omen of things to come, is it?!? Sad

(**off to google what this dream means..!)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

bfp 01/23/10 m/c 12w1d 03/14/10 EDD 09/24/10
bfp 07/20/10 m/c 5w1d 07/25/10
bfp 11/19/10 Born 07/24/11 via C/S

My Forever Sister From Another Mister~CashewsMommy!!

Re: Last night I had the most vivid m/c dream..Scary!!!

• Oh gosh! You poor thing! I haven't had any dreams like that but oddly a recurring dream about my husband dating other people? I think it is guilt of being so sick and not spending enough time cuddling anymore ha ha ha.
  • (((hugs))) I hate dreams like that, I'm sure we've all had our fair share of them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • ((HUGS))

It's DEFINITELY NOT an omen.  

This isn't PgAL related, but my scariest recurring nightmare is of my teeth breaking & falling out.  It feels so real!  But I don't have to wear dentures yet.  ;)     

• Icky, I'm sorry you woke up and remembered that!

I'm going to agree that it isn't an omen.  I always dream that I'm in a run-away elevator and so far that hasn't happened in real life, not even once.

• ((HUGS)) It's not an omen hon. I had a lot of preterm birth, mc and death dreams throughout this pregnancy. I know they're scary as hell. I think it had something to do with the fears in the back of my mind.
    "Momma! She's doing it again!!" Photobucket
  • imageshaysmom05:
    ((HUGS)) It's not an omen hon. I had a lot of preterm birth, mc and death dreams throughout this pregnancy. I know they're scary as hell. I think it had something to do with the fears in the back of my mind.

I kind of think that a little also, my next appt is 0n 01/12 and I feel like time is dragging by waiting for this next appt.  All of my previous appts have been every two weeks so now waiting this almost month is killing me. Plus I just know that with the 1st pg, somewhere close to now is when I lost the pg so I'm a bit anxious about that too.

• I had a m/c dream a few weeks ago. Scary Crying.

Definitely NOT an omen of things to come. If that were case by now I'd have had sex with both Alexander Skarsgard and Kim Kardashian. Embarrassed

I think dreams are just reflective of stress. I keep having dreams that I am in high school again.  I can never find my classes and I keep forgetting my books. I also keep forgetting my locker combination. It's really stressful. The funny thing is, while I'm there in "high school," I am thinking that I just need to get through this because I already have my college degree and master's. Very weird.

Married 7/19/09
    MC 9/8/10
    Baby Boy Born 7/31/11
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Yes--I have had these same vivid dreams at least 2 times per week since my BFP, except this week they seem to have stopped. 

I never had any miscarriage dreams with my m/c, so I keep telling myself that it is not a sign.

• I really hope not! A few weeks ago my cousin had a dream that I was pregnant and lost the baby, at the time she did not know about this pregnancy or my previous loss, it freaked us both out!
    6/14/10 BFP; 6/30/10 Dx ectopic
    11/16/10 BFP #2; DD born 7/26/11
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image
  • Oh my gosh, girl!  I've had a couple of them.  They seem SO real.  I wake up sweating with tears in my eyes.  When I still had pee sticks, I would immediately run to the bathroom and take a test just to see the second line telling me I was still pg. 

For me, it hasn't gotten much better either.  For the week leading up to my scan yesterday, I would have such clear dreams of going in for my u/s only to find sever deformities or no heartbeat.  Unfortunately, I think it's one of the side effects of going through all you've been through to get to this point.

In any event, I'm at a point now where I can feel fairly confident telling you that your dreams are not an omen.  Mine haven't been thus far, and I'm sure yours aren't either.

Forever missing Baby Z #3 ~ Natural m/c 4.12.2010 at 11w2d
    *So proud and so lucky to be the mommy of two beautiful little girls
    and one handsome little man*
    RJ~5.17.2005~born @ 37w due to IUGR~4lbs 15ozs
    Al~4.5.2008~born big and healthy @ 38w~7lbs 9.5ozs
    Lil man~5.20.2011~born big and healthy @ 39w (after one he!! of a pregnancy)~8lbs 1oz
  • They are not omens at all. They are visual manifestations of your inner thoughts. Right now, m/c is what you are worrying about so that's coming through in your dreams. I had one almost every single night during my first trimester. It got to the point where I hated falling asleep. I still have them occasionally. And you're right- they are scary and suck major donkeyballs. I hope you have better dreams tonight. (((Hugs)))
    married 09.06.08
    BFP #1 - m/c on 12.22.09 @ 8w3d
    BFP #2 - d&c on 07.22.10 @11w1d
    BFP #3 - DS born on 06.22.11 @41w3d!
    BFP #4 - Due 04.24.13
  • imagekathymarie:

Definitely NOT an omen of things to come. If that were case by now I'd have had sex with both Alexander Skarsgard and Kim Kardashian. Embarrassed 

You naughty girl, you.

OP: Hugs. I hate those dreams. I think a lot of us have had them, and if there were such a thing as omens, we all would have won the lottery by now Wink.

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• I think it's recognizing your inner fears, not anything to do with current actuality. 

I feel like some of our repressed thoughts come out in dreams.

• How scary :( Dreams definitely seem more vivid lately. I woke up upset at my H this morning because I had a dream he was being a jerk. I've also woken up and ran to the mirror to check that I still have a bump, I can't remember the dreams that well in that case but I remembered enough to check that it was just a dream.

I'm sure its just your fears coming out...scary none the less though! 

• You ladies, are so wise! I'm glad I'm not alone in this (((hugs)))

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"