Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Tonsil issues during PG (WTH are those ment'd)

About 2 times a year or so, I get a tonsil stone (link provided for those of you who are saying "WTH are those?!?)

However, I've noticed that within the last two weeks, I've been getting them everyday. They are nasty little critters, and they stroke the gag reflex when I take them out. They aren't huge, but they are there. Anyone else notice a surge of these things during PG?

I googled them, and found articles relating them to PG, but about half the articles say "I had them all the time, and now that I'm PG, they went away", and the other half say "I get them more when PG."

I guess I'm just trying to figure out why I'm getting them more while PG, and if anyone has noticed this, is this a first trimester thing, or does it stay for the duration?

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

Re: Tonsil issues during PG (WTH are those ment'd)

• Options
    The only time I had these is when I was pregnant the first time...I hope you feel better soon. I can't say for how long, but I was 11 weeks pregnant at the time.
    imageVincent Julian born on March 27th, 2013 DX with Down Syndrome image
    baby
      BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I used to get them, but whenever I am pregnant, I don't! In fact, I don't know that I have ever since I was pregnant the first time, come to think of it. I guess it is a 50/50 thing.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I read on wiki that overactive salivary glands are one cause.  I think I remember reading something during my 1st pregnancy about overactive salivary glands being common in pregnancy.
    PRINCESS31stbirthday
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

LOL! I have massive tonsils and I get these ALL the time. It is sooo gross. It has to do with post nasal drip. My ENT said it's normal.It's so gross that these little stinky buggers are there.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

I've never heard of them.

::off to examine my huge tonsils:: 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"