Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Munire vs. Baby's Dream cribs

We have narrowed our crib search down to Munire cribs and Baby's Dream cribs.  Does anyone have any feedback (negative or positive) on either of these brands?  We are brand new parents and could use all of the help we could get!

Thanks in advance! 

Re: Munire vs. Baby's Dream cribs

• Options
    I have a babys dream for my first and love it. 7 years later and it still looks great and still sturdy. I wanted to get another for baby #2 but nowhere close to me sold it . My friend has a munire and said it was a waste of money, both the crib and dressers finish look like crap now.
  • Options

We got a Babys Dream set for DD and she used it for 3 years and it is still in perfect shape ffor DD #2.  not a scratch or anything on it and VERY sturdy!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    we love our munire (newport) - it is gorgeous and has survived DD's beating great.  It has only been 22 months, but it still looks brand new.
    Picture3-3.jpg

Our Twin Baby + a Big Girl Blog

And with the delivery trifecra of one twin vaginal, one c-section with general anesthesia for twin B, Spencer and Sidney joined us at 35 weeks exactly on June 18.

• Options
    We decided on the Munire because of style, but were considering the Baby's Dream. We needed white because we were given a full set minus the crib in white and found that of our choices in our local store we liked the Munire white options better. Both brands looked great in the store and I think you can't go wrong with either!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Those were my top two brands as well.  I was close to ordering the Baby's Dream but like PP did not like the shade of white/ivory that Baby's Dream furniture comes in.  Munire came highly recommended by all of my mommy friends so I ended up getting a full set. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    We've used our Baby's Dream crib through 3 babies now and love it! We liked it as a toddler bed too for our first daughter. It's been through a move now too and still looks new. It's very sturdy and nice looking.
    Caroline Faith 1.10.06, Audrey Alexis 11.1.07, Noah James & Ethan Alexander 6.17.10
  • Options
    I have found that the Baby's Dream cribs are made of pine, which has received many bad reviews (for the type of wood).  Has anyone else worried about this?
  • Options
    I had narrowed it down to those two brands as well, but ended up going with Baby's Dream.  It was close, but I had read too many times about people having scratching/finish issues with Munire.  Both brands seem solid and well made, though.  We've only had our Baby's Dream for a couple weeks, but I'm happy with it so far!  
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"