Re: Who has a shark?

• Options
    me and yes:)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Savannah
    image.
    Callista
    Baby Trail Blog
    "Someday we will look at our babies and know it will be worth it. If it was easy, we would not have had our babies, the babies we were meant to have." From Amy052006
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I had one and while it worked I thought it was great. Unfortunately it didn't even last a year for me before it completely stopped working. I couldn't get help from the company to get it fixed or replaced.

Now I have an Eureka Enviro steam mop and I love it. It gets hotter than the Shark and I feel like it cleans my floors even better.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a shark brand iron that SUCKS! sorry, I am venting on here more than helping you with your question. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I guess I'm not really sure what a steam mop does. Do you swiffer or sanitize somehow before you use it or do you just sweep and then steam mop. Sorry if these are dumb questions but our fake hardwood is crap and impossible to keep clean.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I sweep my floor and then use the steam mop to clean/sanitize the floor. It's a great way to get the floors clean without having to use any chemical cleaners.

Sometimes if my floors are especially dirty, I will use a regular mop with a vinegar solution as a pre-wash and then go over my floors with the steam mop. I only have to do this when my DH and the dogs make a complete mess out of my floors and my DH does nothing to clean anything up.

• Options

I have one of the newer ones that has the vacuum on it too. I LOVE it!!  I had the regular ol steam mop before (my entire house is hardwood, including bedrooms) So I would have to go through and sweep with a broom, go behind that with the vacuum hose to make sure I got up all the dirt piles THEN steam mop. Now with the steam & Vac I just go through with the vacuum once then go right behind with the steam. If I have a localized spot where a cat hacked up a hairball or something spilled etc.. then I ususally wipe it up first with hot water or windex and a rag then do the normal routine.

The only thing I don't like is that you still have to go in the corners and knock out the dust etc.. I wish it had attachment hoses then it would be perfect!

6/28/10: Lost our sweet baby Addyston at 18wk 1day to pPROM 7/24/11: Michael William born at 24wk 2d due to IC after an emergent cerclage at 18wks, 4wk home BR and 2 weeks hospital BR. Grow strong our little Miracle! 9/17/11: Michael joined his sister in heaven after 8 amazing weeks with us on earth. He fought a very hard fight but NEC was too much for him in the end. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Yep. I love it and think it does a great job cleaning. DH doesn't like that it doesn't leave the floor looking shiny like a traditional mop.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Me, and I love mine.  I sweep and then steam.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I just got a bissell steam/sweep for Christmas. So far so good! I won't be using it on my hardwoods (they are original to the house and waxed) but it's awesome on the tile floors in the kitchen and bathrooms.
    image Ready to rumble.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"