VBAC

I DID IT!!!!!

I had a successful VBAC!  I was so scared that something would go wrong, but it was amazing!  I was so scared that my doc would want to induce me, and my cervical length was really long and thick!  So, I did whatever I could.  I drank this nasty tea, took all sorts of herbs, started this at 35 weeks.  At 38 weeks I was dilated to a 2 and 80% effaced.  At 39 weeks I was dilated to a 4 and 90% effaced.  I let her strip my membranes and went into labor that day!  I went into the hospital at midnight and didn't have my baby until 3:30 p.m.!  It was super long but worth it!  I didnt want an epidural.  I really wanted to try it without, but Anna was OP and I had horrible back labor.  I didn't let the docs break my water because I knew it would help me cope with the pain.  After being stuck at 7 cm for a couple hours I finally let the break my water.  My cervix still didn't budge for 2 hours!  I finally gave in and got the epidural.  I PASSED OUT!  I woke up a couple hours later and was complete and the baby was right there!  I only pushed for 30 min!  It was soooooo amazing.  I cry every time I think about it!  I have to say, labor pains are much worse than post c-section pain!  I loved feeling those contractions though.  It was like every contraction was getting one step closer to meeting my baby!  Competely amazing.....

Re: I DID IT!!!!!

• Congrats!!!
    DS1: 8/3/10, DD1: 8/17/13, DD2: 8/13/15
    Twins lost to due to partial molar pregnancy: September 2011 
    ~~PAL, PgAL Always Welcome~~
  • Thank you so much for posting this. Stories like this give me hope that I have a shot at VBAC. PM me with the things you took to help your body get ready for delivery. I just bought evening primrose oil capsules and will start taking those at 35 weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats!  What a great story!

Can you tell us more about the things you did to get your body ready for labor? 

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageiris427:

Congrats!  What a great story!

Exactly this!! I'm so excited. This is what I needed to hear today and from an L&D nurse. I am eager to hear what methods she used to get ready.

BTW...your little love is too precious. I love the B&W pics. Those are always favorites of mine.

• Congrats - so happy you had a great VBAC! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congratulations! This post makes me happy, and I hope I'm in the same spot in a few weeks :-) I too would like to know what you did to get ready for labor. I've been doing lots of stretching and squats, sitting on an exercise ball while at my desk, and I bought EPO and have started taking it orally.
  • imageiris427:

Congrats!  What a great story!

THIS! Yes

• Congratulations!! I am thinking I am going to start my "regiment" this week. I have the raspberry tea, but I don't know what else to do. Besides squats...
  • congrats!  love hearing this!
  • that is wonderful. yes, please do share all of your secrets
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • congratulations!  I love hearing success stories!
    Nathan 7-13-06 ~ Elizabeth 4-12-09 ~ Zachary 8-5-11
  • Yay!  Congratulations on your VBAC baby! 

~Sweet Girl *8/18/08* c-section ~ Sweet Boy *12/2/10* VBAC ~ Sweet Boy *8/14/12* VBAC~ 

VBAC Birth Story    2VBAC Birth Story  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"