Preemies
Options

New/Intro

Hi everyone!

My son was born full term (12/15/10) but has had to be in the NICU since his birth due to Persistant Pulmonary Hypertension and Respiratory Distress Syndrome, The little guy has gone through a lot already, 3 hospitals, 2 different ventilators, NO2, surfactants. He was transfered to Children's National because of the availabilty of neonatal pulmonary  ECMO. He's been doing well, working on how to swallow again, but he still has a few more weeks in the NICU. I know that he's not a preemie, but its difficult to find boards where people can relate to our experiences in the NICU.

Looking forward to getting to know the ladies on this board!

B

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: New/Intro

• Options
    Welcome, anyone who has had nicu time is welcome here.  I hope you son is on the mend soon.  Sounds like you have had a really rough time of it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagessg73:
    Welcome, anyone who has had nicu time is welcome here.  I hope you son is on the mend soon.  Sounds like you have had a really rough time of it.

This exactly. I hope your LO is home soon. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats on your baby boy! I am sorry he's having such a rough start and is still in the NICU. NICU time is hard, no matter what the reason. I hope he's home super soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"