Long Island Babies
Options

Won't see the doctor until 20 wks

Hello everyone, I won't see the doctor until 20wks and I am not happy about it. I have visited the office a few times at this point and met with the nurses and midwife but won't actually met with the doctor until 20 wks. I just realized this yesterday when I had to call the doctor's office for rescheduling. I think I sensed a little bit of an attitude from the receptionist when I told her I was really surprise and disappointed to have to wait this long. There have been a couple of other small things that have made me think if I should find another doctor. Does anyone know a doctor around Rockville Center? Thank you!!

Re: Won't see the doctor until 20 wks

• Options

you haven't met with your ob/gyn at ALL in your pregnancy?  i'd hightail it to a new dr asap.  thats rediculous.

good luck!   

• Options

Yea that is ridiculous... I would definitely go to another doc... My doc is in Mineola across the street from Winthrop hospital on Mineola Blvd (which is Franklin Avenue until you cross over Old Country Road). If its not too far for you his name is Dr Levine and he has many other doc's in his office so there is never any waiting. His # is 516 741 4321.

Good Luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thank you very much! 

I think I will be looking for another doctor. Thank you very much for the info for Dr. Levine, I appreciate it!!!

• Options
    For what it's worth, i had an emergency with Dr. Levine and had a really horrible experience.  Long story short, he sent me home when I should have been admitted and then had to be rushed into emergency surgery.  I NEVER saw him post-op.  He had one of his colleagues do my post-op check-up in the hospital and even switched my post-op check ups in his office to another person without telling me before I showed up.  Maybe I expect more personal care since I had a MW with my first child but it really made me feel uncomfortable, especially given the severity of the situation.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"