Austin Babies
Options

NBR: Rec your browser

I'm having issues with IE 8 and think my only solution is to switch browsers.  Every time I navigate away from our board, facebook, hotmail, etc. my browser logs me out.  It doesn't matter if it's been 5 seconds or 5 hours.  Also, it's not allowing my bank website to "remember" me and I have to get a new access code every.single.day.  Not fun.  I looked the issue up on Microsoft's help forums and followed their instructions for fixing it, but it didn't work.  From what I've read others are having the same issue and can't seem to fix it either.

So should I switch to Firefox?  Some other browser?  I'm on a PC running Windows 7, if that makes a difference.

Re: NBR: Rec your browser

• Options
    I'm a Chrome user because I love all things google. :) but I also like Firefox. I actually have both installed because for some reason I can't PIP from Chrome.
  • Options

I like Firefox. Been a user for years and never had any problems. I'm on a Mac though...

imageMrs.Froggianna:

I'm having issues with IE 8 and think my only solution is to switch browsers.  Every time I navigate away from our board, facebook, hotmail, etc. my browser logs me out. 

I can't speak to the other log out problems, but the same thing is happening to me with the Bump. I go away, I come back, I'm logged out for no reason whatsoever. The Nest, however, keeps me logged in. And I'm on Firefox so it might not just be a browser issue. 

Good luck!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I use firefox, but I'ma mac user.  My DH uses firefox as well and he is a pc user.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have Firefox and really like it. I'm having the same issues with The Bump regarding the logging out, though, so a browser switch might not fix The Bump. It's super annoying!
  • Options
    Firefox! I'm on a Mac but don't think it makes any difference if your OS is Windows.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I use Firefox. I'm quite happy with it.
  • Options
    Thanks for the recs guys.  I think I'll give Firefox a try.  The Bump logout I can live with, but the bank one is really, really inconvenient.  Here's hoping a switch does the trick!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"