Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

did you know?

that when you blow gently on your baby's face, they gasp!!

I found this out today because we were at the park and it was windy, and he kept making this gasping noise.  I had a friend come over later and she said it was normal and showed me that by blowing on his face, he makes the same noise!! haha.  He seems to like it, though it sounds distressing..he was smiling and laughing today while we were doing it.

0Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: did you know?

• Options

Hmm..it takes their breath away. DH did this when she was smaller and it pissed me off.

• Options

When DD gets hungry, she wants a bottle RIGHT that minute or she starts screaming bloody murder. Sometimes when she's upset, she doesn't realize that I've put the bottle in her mouth, so I gently blow on her face and it startles her and she notices it's in her mouth. I feel bad, but it helps calm her down quicker.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My DD HATES it! DH found that out when she was crying one time and he blew on her face a little. I hate it when he does that because it actually makes her stop breathing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My LO used to stop breathing during feedings (reflux issues) and we would gently blow in his face to get him to breathe again.
    image. Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"