Maryland Babies
Options

Baby Furniture?

Does anyone have suggestions for places to look at/buy baby furniture and bedding in the Baltimore area? I've looked online a little, but I would like to see some things in person before making a decision.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BFP#1 missed mc on 7/14/10 at 10 weeks

Re: Baby Furniture?

• Options
    Babies r us, Walmart, Target have a few baby items. There is also buy buy baby in Gaithersburg (not really Baltimore area). I'm sure their may be other places, but I'm not really familiar with them.

• Options

Before investing in "baby" furniture think about your house and future home plans.  Also how many children you might want to have.

We were loaned/gifted a crib, glider (which we NEVER use) and changing table and I bought a small white chest of drawers.  When I was pregnant w/ DS and we made the decision for our kids to share a room for the short term (our house has 2 bedrooms up, 2 bedrooms down and I didn't want either one of them to be on a different floor from us- yet) we decided that we needed real dresser/chest of drawers.  The changing station is now on top of the dresser and the mirrors for the dresser are in storage.  The pieces match the white crib & toddler bed well enough and will easily transition to big kid furniture and beyond.  I find the dresser to be much better storage than the changing table- which DD was able to clear the shelves of by 9 months.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Babies r us worked for us plus we used a twenty percent off coupon that they give out usually when you purchase something. we only purchased the crib and the changing table dresser since we have small rooms. the brand was babi italia eastside cinnamin and i read nothing but goodreviews. my lo has slept in his crib since three months.

boutiques are really expensive. 

good luck and happy delivery 

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We looked at Buy Buy Baby (if you're willing to drive!) and really liked what we saw. The set we picked is very good quality for the price: solid wood, dovetailed drawers, etc. We are looking for baby to use the dresser(s) into at least the tween years so we are willing to spend a little more to get something that will last!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We just bought some furniture at Ikea and rec'd a hand-me-down crib.  Not the best quality but it isn't bad.  I had debated over buying more expensive furniture but we decided to wait until we picked out his first "real" bed as that is what my parents did with me and I still have my furniture.  (It was from Ethan Allen and has weathered the very nicely years :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageanonsouthernbell:
    "real" bed as that is what my parents did with me and I still have my furniture.  (It was from Ethan Allen and has weathered the very nicely years :)

This is kinda true w/ me too- 'though I had a hand-me-down twin bed and a used set before my parents bought me a nice cherry set, it's now in our guest room. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Once you find a set that you like at one of the stores, check Amazon.com.  They have great prices and free shipping!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"