January 2011 Moms
Options

Christmas Presents :)

Anyone get anything good?  DH and I decided not to exchange this year or even buy any for anyone else.  We have spent a lot of money on baby stuff and just didn't want the hassle of shopping this year not knowing when LO might decide to show up.  But was wondering what other Jan moms got for Christmas Smile
I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

Re: Christmas Presents :)

• Options

A pair of Bikila Vibram Five Fingers in orange and pink!!!  I was going to ask for a pair in April for my birthday but DH totally surprised me.  I can hardly wait to hit the pavement running again.

Eliza 
    Married to a pharmacist
    Mother of two boys, three girls, and one more little boy on the way!
    Two time miscarriage survivor.
    So happy to be expecting our sixth child in August 2017!

Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

DH got me a new Pandora bead, a GC to my favorite nail place, a super cute tea pot, and a GC to Dunkin Donuts (my weakness).

My Dad and stepmom gave us Apples to Apples and our choice of a flight home after DD is born, or a Kindle - can't decide!  My brother and sister each got me a Pandora bead :)

My mom and stepdad got me a pair of Uggs (totally did not expect them and I LOVE them), and a super cute tie-waist hoodie from Target.  Mom also sent a bag full of goodies for DH to put in my stocking, and vice versa, since we can't be home for Christmas this year :(  

As tough as we thought it was going to be, to break tradition and *not* be with family, we actually really enjoyed it and had a great day... just the two of us and the furbabies. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    imageimage
    blog : us doing things
    | married : 08.06.05 | sweet isla mae arrived : 01.15.11 |
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageBountifulbride:

A pair of Bikila Vibram Five Fingers in orange and pink!!!  I was going to ask for a pair in April for my birthday but DH totally surprised me.  I can hardly wait to hit the pavement running again.

Those are really cool!  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    imageimage
    blog : us doing things
    | married : 08.06.05 | sweet isla mae arrived : 01.15.11 |
  • Options
    My DH got me this necklace since in 6 days we will be a family of 5!! I love it!!image
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Katie: 1/16/08 2lbs. 15oz.
    Abby & Emily: 12/31/10 6lbs. 2oz. & 5lbs. 7oz.
  • Options

imageIAM4UK:
    My DH got me this necklace since in 6 days we will be a family of 5!! I love it!!image

DH got me the one with the mama and baby similar to this as one of my Christmas presents! Congratulations!

OP, DH got me the Canon Rebel DSLR camera (and a Canon Rebel Dummies book :)) I asked for and also a few pajamas (black lol) that he got me bc I wanted them for the hospital.

I kinda felt bad since I didn't spend much on his stuff (got him a griddle that he wanted for bacon/ pancakes and eggs, lots of clothes and a board game for his fave show), but he was happy with all the clothes he got!

Our families gave us lots of money, and DH even more clothes (he was complaining about not having enough nice stuff to take pics with the baby lol)

• Options

imageIAM4UK:

Where did he get that?  That is adorable!! 

DH - 42 Me - 36 DS1 -15 DS2 - 3 DD - 1
  • Options

We were not going to get each other anything BUT we did.  We have spent so much money this year with Ashton & then our backyard (pool/landscaping) we were both happy not exchanging this year.

I found a freezer for our garage at a good price, so I got that for him & he got me a new Cannon Camera.  Although, they are both for us--it will be good to have the camera for the new LO and the freezer for our growing family.  ;0)
    Hope all of you had a good day.  Just been DH & I in PJs all day...very nice!

• Options
    imageBountifulbride:

I have these in black and can't wait until it warms up a bit so I can wear them again :)  I LOVE mine!

~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

• Options

I got some cute nonmaternity clothes for after A is born, christmas PJ's, some nursing tanks and a robe for hospital use (so I don't ruin the robe I have and adore), a speaker dock for the iphone I'm getting next week, and a fabulous new camera that I'm still learning to use.  Also, my mom made me a gorgeous necklace/bracelet/earring set. 

DH and I bought ourselves a pack of 10 different-sized picture frames for our picture wall and the cooler bag that goes to our stroller.

Aidan got his rainforest jumperoo!  And my 12yo sister bought him his very first Christmas ornament with her own money (tear!)

My husband got a bunch of sweaters, a photo book from our honeymoon, a few video games (PC and Wii), a new robe and pj pants, a PSU hoodie, and a flip video camera.  Plus some other random little stuff I found for him.  Like new boxers! 

The day was a little depressing, tbh, but we both feel like we got everything we wanted and more.

~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

• Options
    Sounds like everyone had a great Christmas!  Love that necklace.  I should say that I ordered a Nikon Coolpix that was on sale at Target yesterday so I guess that's kind of a Christmas present to both of us.  We also want a Wii, but are waiting for it to go on sale (if it ever will).  We just relaxed at home.  A long walk with the dogs this morning followed by a 2 hour nap and a House Hunter's marathon on HGTV.  Good day.
    I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • Options
    We didn't do Christmas this year but DH's mom got us a $300 gift card to Best Buy so we could get a video camera for when LO comes. We ended up getting the Sony Handycam HDR-CX110.
  • Options

DH spoiled me and I feel bad because I wasn't able to get him more.

I got a necklace and earring set, some movies/tv shows, video games, a digital photo frame, some gift cards and a new sweatshirt. 

DH got some video games, movies, a new Virginia Tech sweatshirt, a watch, a watch box and a new kettle bell. 

Long time Waiting BFP 5/8/10 It's a Boy! 1/7/2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Graphics
  • Options

We don'y exchange anymore, but we usually buy a few things for the house or something we both want that we wouldn't normally buy.  We bought a bunch of baby stuff for the nursery (DH painted 2 days before Christmas), a Kodak HD mini DVD recorder, and the Big Bang Theory Season 3 dvd set. 

My SIL got me a foot spa pedicure!  I used it twice yesterday and it was the best gift!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DH got me an IPOD with it personalized on the back stating our Baby Last Name's Music and a docking station for their room.  I also got travel speakers and new Burberry sunglasses that I LOVE so I can be as he states, a MILF LOL:)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

My dad and stepmom came up- gave us some cute outfits for LO, I got some Hello Kitty things (to include a cute mousepad and some candy!), DH got a Marvel Comics trivia book, since he's a huge fan.

I got DH some warm pj's (with no holes in the butt!) and a bunch of movies he really wanted to see earlier this year, but I couldn't stomach the theaters and he wouldn't go without me. Since Dh never gets me anything, I bought VS pj's, some make-up and the Life series, 'from him'. ;) Then he surprised me and actually bought me a gift- a digital photo frame! I love it- I can't wait to put baby pics on it! And we got my parents a digital frame as well (sneaky DH was all like "Isn't that the greatest gift EVER?" in the store- I SO didn't pick up on it!) and some gourmet chocolates and teas.

It was super-nice to get to talk to both my little brother (currently homeless) and my older sister, who's in Japan. :D Haven't heard from either of them in a while.

• Options

imageizzourclue:
    Anyone get anything good?  DH and I decided not to exchange this year or even buy any for anyone else.  We have spent a lot of money on baby stuff and just didn't want the hassle of shopping this year not knowing when LO might decide to show up.  But was wondering what other Jan moms got for Christmas Smile

We did almost the same thing but we did buy for family.  (all online, it was awesome!)

PCOS Dx 12.08 / BFP! 4.22.10 DS1 born 1.4.11 DS2 born 6.19.13
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I got a Mommy/Baby matching jammy set!  And some maternity pajama pants that don't fall under my belly, so comfy!  

Here's the Mommy/Baby set: https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=41578&vid=1&pid=635831&scid=635831032

I got a nice pedicure, some nursing bras and tanks (which I bought myself), some little hospital things, nice shampoo and conditioner that I wouldn't normally spend so much on.  My DH did great this year!

• Options
    I was overloaded with gift cards this year from my siblings and parents.  I also got a lot of cake pans and some other kitchen items and my brother bought me a case of pretzel cones for ice cream!  You can't find them anywhere!!!  DH got me some cute cupcake ornaments for our tree, an Ipod docking station with an AM/FM radio & CD player to replace the huge stereo that I've had since I was 10.  He also got me a saphaire braclet :)   
  • Options
    We too decided not to buy for each other but DH did anyways. He got me my own hand gun. He has one and we have shot guns but I wanted to start shooting with him as a hobie we can do together so for Christmas I got my own. I'm pretty excited :0)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

My DH and I got each other bags. I got him a briefcase and he got me a CUTE diaper bag. We both got tons of little stuff from our parents, but the big one was his parents got us...

A BOB stroller. 

I cried. I was so happy. I really didn't think we were going to have a stroller when the baby was born, but we do.

YEAH

• Options

Most of gifts were for Olivia. LOL

But, I did get a bunch of gift certificates for a local spa, bath and body stuff, boots that I don't like (but I'm going to exchange them for some Uggs), Godiva chocolate box, candles, lottery tickets, a mini food prep (for baby food making), and little random things. 

We still have my families Christmas today, so I'm sure our place will look like Toys R Us threw up. Seriously.. how much can 1, 2 year old need?? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

My DH and I didn't exchange gifts to each other this year because we've had a pretty hard time financially since we moved to Arizona in February and bought a house (that was a little more than we had originally planned on) in May. He hasn't been working and I lost my job in November so presents didn't really seem to be a good idea this year... if we would have been financially able I wanted a new Coach purse (which I would have picked out of course lol) and I would have bought him a speaker set that he wanted for the tv in the bedroom.

The IL's gave the girls some dolls, a couple of baby toys, two outfits each, each a really soft blanket, and 4 of the mini pillow pets (2 lady bugs, a polar bear, and a dog). My grandparents bought us a webcam so we can talk to family and friends face to face and show them the babies when they are born (awesome gift!) and my mom gave us a gift card to Ihop and Walmart. Dh's dad gave us $300 and his grandparents sent us each visa gift cards for $50.

The best part was at DH's work christmas party (he started a new job last monday) they gave employee's a $100 gift card, and then had a drawing for another $100 and he won!! I never win stuff like that lol

• Options
    Tickets to Billy Elliot broadway musical!! Im soo excited to go. Also hair straightner, ear rings with ds birthstones in them, bath robe, & crotchet hooks.
  • Options
    a new iPod, I desperately needed it... my mom let me pick it out, so it's the green 16g nano. and a VS Pink sweatsuit that I've wanted for forever. otherwise, just baby clothes and other baby stuff. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DH got "me" a Canon Rebel camera, which is awesome! I wanted something to take quicker pictures so we don't miss a thing with the LO. He also got me a Kindle, which I didn't think I would get. He keeps telling me that in three weeks I won't have time to read! And I'm sure he's right! He also got me some pots and pans I wanted and some Pyrex to replace some of our plastic storage dishes. DH always spoils me so much, but this year I am glad that we got things that we'll use a lot! I can't wait to take pictures of our baby!
  • Options

DH got me some bath and body works stuff and some SUPER cute boots from Buckle that I really wanted...and of course my favorite, 3 musketeers candy bars in my stockings. Also got a new nightgown that buttons down for nursing and new slippers.

I got him a new PS3 (Yes, I like to spoil him) the new Call of Duty game for it, a bunch of DVDs and the Tom Petty greatest hits CD.

We didnt get to go home for christmas since I cant travel, (even though all his buddies got to go home and he is on his 30-day leave since he just got home from Iraq) But we did have a very nice Xmas dinner and played video games all day...lol

Photobucket Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers Beautiful pictures taken by the very talented Kaper
  • Options

I got a Chamilia bracelet and bead (my first one!) a pair of Uggs, scarf and mittens and LOTS OF CHOCOLATE!

DH got clothes, video games, new work boots and some gift cards to Dunkin Donuts, Chili's and Mastercard.

It was all so unexpected! We had decided not to exchange because of all the money we spent on baby but we were surprised by our parents gifts! 

Married to the love of my life <3 09.26.09
    Mother to my Sweet Baby K <3 12.30.10
    …with Baby Number 2 on the way!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

since our wedding anniversary falls in the same month we didnt go crazy with presents for x-mas it was mainly spread out thru out the days :) but overall, i got a beautiful necklace with a big heart around two smaller hearts (LO and I are the smaller hearts embraced by the bigger heart who is DH) a nice coach bag and a pretty watch. my stepson, brothers, SIL gave us GC and for the big family gift exchange i said i wanted a GC to either target or babies r us, I got one for target and DH got one for babies r us :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"