Baby Showers
Options

How does "meet the baby" shower work?

I'm due June 6th and only flying home Christmas, but then think I will again in August before school starts. I just don't see flying home an extra time for a shower, when we are going to start tightening our budget for baby.

My friends brought up to have one then in August. The idea kind of grew on me that maybe then all my friends could bring their little ones. There's a lot inbetween all of us now. It sounds more fun then my aunts and grandmas staring at each other wondering what they are supposed to be doing with my mom's organized fun.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: How does "meet the baby" shower work?

• Options
    Meet the baby get togethers are slightly different than showers because they serve a different purpose.  They are held specifically to meet the baby and congratulate the parents and tend to be gift-optional events (most people are going to show up with something though) whereas showers are specific for parties for requesting gifts. It's similar to an engagement party vs.a bridal shower.   The ones I've been to were open-house style and were very social.  Snacks were out on the counter and one had a cake while the other had different light desserts.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    The Bee Hive Blog
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!
    25 Weeks - GOAL MET 52.2 Pounds gone! 27 Weeks Total Pounds Lost: 54.0
  • Options
    I my circle we only have baby showers after the baby is born so it is exactly the same as a "regular" shower, only the baby is there already.  I have honestly never even been to a baby shower before the baby was born.  For mine we had food (I forget what) and games and then the gift opening.  It was held in the church basement and it was awesome.  For my circle of friends though, we don't do invitations for showers.  It's just word of mouth and whoever comes comes.  There could be anywhere from 15 to 70 people there.

Daughter #1 - February 12, 2010 

natural m/c March 11, 2011 at 8 1/2 weeks 

Daughter #2 - January 11, 2012 

Ectopic pregnancy discovered November 6, 2012 at 6 weeks

Daughter #3 - January 19, 2014

Started our exploration into the world of international adoption June 2012.  We have no idea what this is going to look like but we are excited to find out!

image              image

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We live far away from my family so we are having a shower before baby and a "meet the baby party"  a month after she is due.

It will be an open house style get together so that everyone can come and meet her without us having to drive all around showing her off to everyone:)

My two sisters are organizing the party (God bless them!) and I expect it to be very casual with no gifts.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"