TTC after 35
Options

AF on way

I haven't tested, but I don't need to: AF is very clearly on the way, and tomorrow will be CD 1.  Again.  We have one more IUI paid for and I guess we will go ahead and do it in early January since DH will be here; I will insist on doing the IUI 36 hours after the trigger (instead of the clinic's usual 18 hour mark which I think is just wrong).  Then, when that doesn't work (sorry, but I no longer have faith in IUI for us), we will consult with the other clinic in town and start moving toward IVF.  I would do IVF right away but I would end up on my own for most of it and I can't handle that, plus I absolutely need to be free to travel for work in late Jan/Feb and possibly even into March -- so I can't be having to go in for ultrasounds and unable to make travel plans, and that would be the case even if DH and I did live together right now.  IT SUCKS and tonight I AM JUST SO UPSET.  It has now been a year and five months since the one and only time I've been pregnant; then I lost a year being sick (we tried for part of that time but didn't know then that it wouldn't have worked no matter what), and now it's been six months of trying and failing via one natural cycle and 5 IUIs.  Maybe next month will be it....but if not, given my schedule and our domestic complication of not living in the same place, I would at the *very* earliest have a baby in March 2012, and that's if everything goes perfectly.

I AM IN A VERY BAD MOOD.  Just need to say that.

me - 41 (dx: DOR); DH - 53 (no problems); 7/18/09 - married!; 8/4/09 - BFP on first (real)try; 9/14/09 - missed m/c; 9/15/09 - d&c; 11/09 - 3/10 - 4 natural cycles = BFN; 4/10 - dx hyperthyroidism caused by Graves' disease; 6/10 - thyroidectomy; 7/10 - 12/10 - 1 natural and 5 medicated IUI cycles = BFN; 1/11 - new RE; dx low ovarian reserve (AMH .42; 1/26/11 -- BFP (ectopic) from IUI #6; methotrexate 2/10/11; 6/2/11 - IVF #1 = BFN; 9/12/11 - prescreening for DE; 9/15/11 - IUI #7 (unmedicated)= BFN; 11/8 - begin DE cycle (shared risk program); 12/5 - ER (5 eggs/4 mature/3 fertilized/2 left by day 5) 12/10 - ET of one 1BB blast (expanded, "fair" quality), none to freeze; 12/22 - totally shocked by +hpt; beta #1 = 413; #2 = 3952 2/14 - CVS reveals a healthy baby girl! EDD: 8/27/12 DD born 8/31/12, 10 lbs 10 oz and perfect in every way. 

Re: AF on way

• Options

Hugs to you tonight :)  I've been feeling like it just isn't going to happen for us at this point, so I can completely understand your frustration. 

Turn on the fireplace, put on your comfiest pajamas and grab a cup of hot tea.  Try to forget all about ttc and look forward to the holidays if you can.  Again, lots of hugs to you!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

You have every right to be upset and in a bad mood. It doesn't seem like IUI's work very much from all the ladies on here ? Has it worked for anyone?  It just really stinks.  I hope you figure out the scheduling of all this. That makes it even more difficult when it is hard enough when everyone is home.  Hugs to you.

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• Loading the player...
  • Options

That totally sucks!  I don't blame you for being in a bad mood--vent away!  I'd probably go have a couple o' stiff drinks, if I were you.

I know you don't have much hope for it, but I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for you next month. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so sorry. TTC sucks!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Ohh hun, I'm SOOO sorry! I totally understand why you are in a bad mood. I hope you can enjoy a nice glass of wine and unwind a bit. Sending you tons of hugs!!!

• Options

I'm sorry.  I understand your mood of course we all do.   Hopefully venting on the board will help you recharge as you move forward...because that is all we can do, move forward somehow, isn't it?  Good luck.  None of this is really under our control and so we have to just give it up to the cosmos I guess.  Things will work out.

-Pix

About me: A pixie in the city, 41, TTC #1 since May 2010, married 18 years. Diagnosed with, surgically removed, endometrioma Aug.2010 Sept 2010 IUI #1=BFN, Oct=cyst/bfn, Nov 2010 IUI #2 = bfn. Had to postpone IUI #3 b/c of a cyst natural=BFN. Skipped IUI #3, decided to go for IVF. Found/removed uterine polyps Jan 2011. IVF cancelled, no follicles. IVF #2: 3 great embies put in on Easter Sunday = BFN. Hoping for another chance at IVF in July. TTC is NOT for wimps. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ticker/2fab90/ttc.png
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"