Postpartum Depression
Options

Need Help...

I think i have postpartum depression. I've been trying to get in touch with someone/anyone all day for help and I cant seem to get anywhere. I've called the hospital where I gave birth, I've called the sister center, I've called the social worker who saw me in the hospital and was supposed to help me set up an appt, and I've even called my county behavioral center. NO ONE seems to know anything, no one is answering the phone or I keep getting the run around. I am now in tears from frustration.

Where did you go for help? Who do I call? I've been having almost all the symptoms of PPD since the birth of my first son and never sought out any help, I just kept telling myself that what I was feeling was normal and it was just baby blues and would go away. After the birth of my second son (almost 3 weeks ago) the feelings are becoming more intense/worse. I get frustrated so easily, I find myself screaming at my poor LOs when they cry on end and then 5 mins later i cry b/c i feel bad that i yelled for no reason, I cant sleep, Im always on edge, I fight with my S/O all the time, I dont want to get out of bed, I cry out of nowhere, I feel completely overwhelmed, I pretty much feel like Im going to have a melt-down/nervous breakdown every single day. I dont know what to do.

Re: Need Help...

• Options
    First of all, take a deep breath.  Know that you are not alone, PPD is the most common complication women experience post partum.  There are lots of women on here that can listen or give advice because they have been in your shoes.  I totally understand how you feel, and it sucks!  I was diagnosed with PPD about 4 weeks ago.  I went to my OB and talked to him about it and he prescribed me some medication.  Have you tried calling your OB??  Good luck and hope you feel better soon!
    Aaden18mos Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Addie NewbornBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    thank you. and im so happy that I have the girls on thebump to talk to bc ive tried talking to S/O and he literally dismisses all my feelings and tells me im fine which makes things worse. I havent called the OB and said anything - the hospital where i go kept telling me that i would need a referral from them and so on so forth. The hospital staff seems to not know whats going on and im getting the run around. I havent tried the OB, ill be calling them first thing tomorrow. Thank you so much for your help
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Lurking but sending you hugs. I'd call your OB referral or not. At least it's a starting point. GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    thank you girls. i called today and have an appt to talk to my dr. Im hoping that my OB can just help me/prescribe me some medicine and i dont have to go through the hospital or somewhere else.
  • Options
    Glad you got an appt!  Good luck and feel better soon! Smile
    Aaden18mos Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Addie NewbornBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"