LGBT Parenting

Cryobank Question

Has anyone used New England Cryogenic Center? We've been using California Cryobank for the past 6 IUIs but now have to switch donors because his numbers are so low.  We have unique ethic requirements and can only find nine donors that match our profile and the best one is at New England Cryobank. Don't know much about them and they don't seem as thorough with their profiles like CA, Fairfax or Xytex.  Any thoughts would be very helpful! 

Re: Cryobank Question

• If you dont mind me asking, what are the ethnic requirements? 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Someone on here is using NE cryobank.  I posted about California cryobank increasing their prices, about 2 weeks ago, and I am pretty sure someone said they had a good experience with them.  The title of the post is California Cryobank.  There is some good info in it.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We used NE cryo.  We live in the area so it was super easy for us to pick up.  I was really happy with our experience there.  The staff was always friendly and answered my questions when I called.  Our "donation" always looked really good (according to our midwife...very swimmy!).  We got pregnant after 3 nonmedicated IUIs.  Any other specific questions?? Good Luck :- ) 
  • oh...and I don't know much about the profiles that other banks do...but I felt comfortable with the profile we received on our donor.  It was 18 pages and included a full medical/family history as well as "personality" revealing type questions.  
  • we used them (along with just about every other major bank in the country, lol) and have no complaints!
  • I am also using them and have been very happy.  We live locally so it makes it very easy. 
  • We didn't use them but have 2 friends who did and had a great experience with them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We thought about switching too, having used CCB for the last year, and I bought a random profile to see what NE looked like in comparison.  If you haven't bought a profile from them and want to see what they include, let me know.  I would be happy to email you the one I bought!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thank you all for your responses. Very helpful!  We're obviously trying to do our due dilligence on this.  Unfortunatly, there are many negative articles around NE Cryobank...that they "lie" about their donor information, give "standard answers," and have even kept donors in circulation who have reported genetic issues (although those seem like very extreme cases).  One case even said that they tracked their donor down and he had apparent genetic issues with his face that both of their children now have but NE described him as "nice and charming" never mentioning the deformity. 

I spoke with their rep for about 20 minutes and although she was extremely personable, I couldn't get much more information other then the donor has "a great smile and is very nice."  The good thing about CA Cryo is that they are publicly traded so even though that means higher prices, the quality control also seems higher.  I would love to trust NE cryo because the donor seems great, but wondering if others heard they lie? 

Other thoughts are certainly welcome!!

• Thank you all for your responses. Very helpful!  We're obviously trying to do our due dilligence on this.  Unfortunatly, there are many negative articles around NE Cryobank...that they "lie" about their donor information, give "standard answers," and have even kept donors in circulation who have reported genetic issues (although those seem like very extreme cases).  One case even said that they tracked their donor down and he had apparent genetic issues with his face that both of their children now have but NE described him as "nice and charming" never mentioning the deformity. 

I spoke with their rep for about 20 minutes and although she was extremely personable, I couldn't get much more information other then the donor has "a great smile and is very nice."  The good thing about CA Cryo is that they are publicly traded so even though that means higher prices, the quality control also seems higher.  I would love to trust NE cryo because the donor seems great, but wondering if others heard they lie? 

Other thoughts are certainly welcome!!
  • hey there - just wanted to share this link with you from the donor sibling registry - the reviews for NECC are not good at all. The worst of all the banks. Take with a grain of salt, but still wanted to share with everyone on the donor search.

https://www.donorsiblingregistry.com/LinksPage.php

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"