North Dakota Babies

Remember those vibes I asked for a few weeks ago? Well...

DH finally got the job offer last week and it took several days to work out the details but we are moving.  Again.  To Austin.

I'm actually very excited about moving to Austin.  However, this is just really, really bad timing.  We still have so many details to work out but here's the plan so far:

This Wednesday DH will drive one of the cars out with the 2 cats.  He'll stay there with my brother and househunt (hopefully finding a place for us) and then fly back on Christmas Eve.

Sunday (day after Christmas) the packers will come and pack up the house.

Monday morning DH will fly back to Austin for his first day on the job.  The movers will load the truck and be on their way.

Tuesday morning Caroline and I will fly out with my mom. 

This means I only have a little more than a week left here.  The perinatologist wants to see me one more time before I leave just to make sure everything is good.  I'm going to call an OB/GYN in Austin tomorrow tro set up an appointment with her ASAP so I can get established with her practice.  Hopefully we'll be able to get a hospital tour in sometime soon.

I meet with the moving company tomorrow morning and I really hope they will be able to accomodate our short notice on the move.  I also really hope that DH finds a decent place for us to live.  Otherwise we may have to shack up with my bro for awhile and there's too many of us to do that. 

Needless to say I am super stressed right now.  Oh, and I'm hosting Christmas dinner for DH's family.  Yay!Indifferent

For those of you keeping track (and those of you who can't keep up), this is the 2nd major move for us this year (pregnant both times.)  Texas will be Caroline's 3rd state to live in.  The 3rd move for DH and I since we've been married (and it's only been 2 1/2 years.)  He has promised me this will be it for a long time.  I told him the next time he wants to move it will have to be back to SoCal. 

Onward and upward!

ETA:  Please keep this off FB for the time being.  I have a few friends I want to tell in person on Tuesday.

Re: Remember those vibes I asked for a few weeks ago? Well...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"