North Dakota Babies
Options

Do I need a humidifier right away?

or is this something I use only if she gets sick? I live in Ohio, so we do have a cold winter.

Thanks girls. 

Re: Do I need a humidifier right away?

• Options

I didn't use one right away, but I broke it out when she got a cold and I've used it ever since.  I think having the heat on all the time makes the air really dry and I know that I wake up a bit stuffed up in the mornings.  I'm not sure how much of a difference it makes, but I like using it. 

Mine is a filterless Vicks cool midst that has a place to put these Vicks vapor pads in that I will only use again when/if she gets another cold because they are pricey.

• Options

I used it with Landon's colds and it helped out a lot. Like Natalee I have kept it out to use with the heat.

Photobucket AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would check current humidity levels in your house before doing anything. DH is a building engineer & he says that any more humidity than we currently have (40%) will cause the room/house to become too humid & mold spores will begin to grow- of course, causing more sickness, so be cautious with using them. 
  • Options

imagetrevess:
    I would check current humidity levels in your house before doing anything.  

How do you do this?

• Options

Our house is very dry in the winter, so, we use one in our room as it is.  Mady will have one in her room in the winter...and we'll see if we need it in the summer as well. 

Katy and Brett ~ Runaway Bay, Jamaica ~ October 4, 2008

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options
    When Rowen was little I only used it when he was sick.  Once he's gotten older he tends to get terribly bloody noses when the humidity goes down.  So now I will use one in the winter in his room.  But I don't use one in Phoebe's room and I don't plan to unless she gets sick. I wouldn't say you need one right away, but its nice to have when you do need it, so it wouldn't hurt to get it now if you can.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagenatalee215:

imagetrevess:

How do you do this?

Our thermostat has a reading for humidity, but then again, we have all the fancy stuff because this is DH's line of work.  We also have a portable thermostat that gives a humidity reading.  I imagine you can get them at any home improvement store. 

• Options
    imagetrevess:
    imagenatalee215:

imagetrevess:

How do you do this?

Our thermostat has a reading for humidity, but then again, we have all the fancy stuff because this is DH's line of work.  We also have a portable thermostat that gives a humidity reading.  I imagine you can get them at any home improvement store. 

I'm going to get one of these!!  And bust out our humidifier.  As of right now, we're VERY ghetto and when it gets too dry, I boil a pot of water on the stove Tongue Tied

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"